I am writing this post, not so much to update you. I don't think my injury is update worthy. Ha. Seriously. But I need to document all of my equipement to look back on someday. 

It's been three weeks since my fall and I have made tremendous progress. I went from not being able to straighten my leg for 2 weeks, to being able to walk in the last week. I use crutches or a cain when I am tired, but I can walk very slowly on my own. There is some pain still and my body is exhausted, but it's healing pain. I drove 2 times this week out of necessity and it's quite excruciating. Sitting in the van is also very uncomfortable. The top of my leg is still super bruised. It makes me disappointed that I'm not ready for church yet. I need a couch to sit on if it's more than 15 minutes. But I am so thankful for my healing. I appreciate every step and the freedom I have to get up and get myself some water or help tidy up and make some of supper. It's given me a whole new perspective.  

First Tessa. She is so sweet to me. She kisses me all day long and tells me often how much we have in common - Mom, we are basically twins. She tells me how proud she is of me as I recover. The first time I walked all the way across the room she screamed loudly with delight. She is so good for me. Tonight, she was needing a bedtime snack and decided that I need one too. She just wanted half a sandwich, so she made the other side for me. She was so super proud. She is the baby and only 5. It's not often that she does these things for herself. She's gotten a little bigger in the last few weeks. Just look at her face and her perfect sandwich. (: That look is her love look. Her sweetness melts me still.  


                        I have gone from this. 



.To this

                                   To these   


                          And this.     


I am so thankful!

Psalm 104:31–35

 31  May the glory of the Lord endure forever;

may the Lord rejoice in his works,

 32  who looks on the earth and it trembles,

who touches the mountains and they smoke!

 33  I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;

I will sing praise to my God while I have being.

 34  May my meditation be pleasing to him,

for I rejoice in the Lord.

 35  Let sinners be consumed from the earth,

and let the wicked be no more!

         Bless the Lord, O my soul!

         Praise the Lord!



Comments

Post a Comment