Most of the time I dump my pictures on Facebook. I love to see my memories come up every year. I went to do that yesterday, but I just couldn't do it. I like writing words with the pictures just like the good old days. I think looking back at my blog is better in the end. I need to start blogging our everyday life like I used to do when the kids were small. I find it enjoyable.    
                                                            
Anybody who knows me, knows that I love water. I love love love water. In mid-summer, we go 3 or 4 times a week after we do supper dishes. I don't love sitting on the beach in mid-day in the sun. I go to listen to the waves, walk with Ken and watch the sun go down. When I hear the wind blowing through our trees, I will often jump in the van and go. It's so beautiful. It shows the Lord's power and majesty. It can get wild and loud. It can be peaceful and serene. I prefer wild and loud. It renews me.

 This is what I am looking forward to. This first picture is ocean like to me. I love the way Josiah is standing. He is taking in the majestic-ness of the whole thing. The waves were taller than he was. 


Can you just feel it? 


 After full weeks, the last few Saturdays, we have packed up the 3 youngest kids and just started driving along the lake. Sometimes, no matter how busy we are, stepping out goes much further than continuing to plow through.The week before last we went to Port Burwell, Long Point and Port Rowan. The marina at Port Rowan was dreamy. It was so very cold, but I shivered and ran up hills and went back down just to find my perfect angle. Ken is very patient and Siah and Grace are always game to get the right picture with me. 


Found it. 


Last Saturday we went to Ipperwash, Port Franks and Grand Bend. It was warm and sunny and such a delight. We were only gone for 4 hours, but it felt like a mini vacation and we needed it. Ipperwash was still full of ice, we could hardly see open water. That wasn't what we were expecting at all, but it was beautiful. These pictures weren't edited. The ice was a funny texture. It almost looks the picture is over edited.                                                                                                   


   We packed a supper and ate at Ipperwash. It was warm enough because the sun was out. Next time we will take our little grill. 


She's very pleased to be eating supper in the sun. 

       At Port Franks, we didn't find a beach, just a marina and a big sand hill. I tried to upload a video of         them running down, but it didn't work. It's way bigger than it looks. 


 

Grand Bend is a place that holds lots of memories for me. We don't go there in peak summer. It's busy and full of young people. I don't find it super family friendly. We tend to go in the spring and the fall. We went there a lot after Micah relapsed. It was our escape. Being in the house and in 'ordinary' was hard because everything wasn't ordinary. I have this next picture on the wall in my room. Micah and Natalie were so sweet together. I find that every time as we go down the hill to the beach, without thinking I take a deep breath in, feeling a pang of remembrance and thanking the Lord for life. Sometimes places and memories of those places etch deep and your body just remembers. My last post and this paragraph may make it sound like all we do is think about cancer and those hard years. We don't at all. It's usually in the back of our mind. But it really only comes out a few times a year. In early December and March is when the cracks in our hearts open for a few days - We let ourselves feel and then it gets put back. 


Ken is a lot of fun. If I would see another dad on the playground, I may roll my eyes. After all, the equipment is for kids!! haha! But when I see Ken with the kids I say - He is such a good dad. (: 

    I want to live on that far corner. Water. Sunsets. Dreamy.  

   We could have stayed up there for a really long time. The sun was so warm and the view so beautiful.      I adore Tessa's boots. They are so her. 

   This part of Grand Bend looks like spring. 



     We all stood here looking at the ice and we felt like we were somewhere in Alaska. Maybe you had          to be there. haha. 

     When I see these pictures, I wish that I had a real camera. My phone works, but someday.... (: 

Our adventures were exciting. It's like we were coming out of our winter cocoon. I am really looking forward to our beach trips. I can't wait for my waves, Ken likes the fries and Tessa likes the icecream. (: As soon as it's warm enough, the girls and I are going to pack up some mornings and do our school at our picnic table at Port Bruce because - Why not? (:

(Excuse the formatting on the captions. I couldn't fix them. l:)

Comments

  1. I 100% get the blogging thing. I've started to attempt to catch up on past years. It takes time but I love love looking back and reading about our life years ago!
    Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment