God has picked out a boy for me... He is just waiting for me to grow up.

I was looking through my posts and realized that this one was never published. I don't want to forget Tessa at 4.This was originally written in August 2020.

On Sunday nights Ken often goes for a drive, usually to Port Bruce. The people who go with him vary depending on the night. Last night, Tessa and I went along. Tessa loves being with Ken and I. She got in the van and said with a shrug of her shoulders, “Well, I guess it’s just the three of us.” It was a delighted shrug. Her face was kind of content like picture below when she said it.  



When we got to the beach and I opened the door, the sound of the waves made my heart skip a beat. The wind was blowing in my face and the waves were roaring. They were so loud that Ken and I could hardly hear each other. Look at this spectacular wave.



Tessa collected sticks and planted feathers. She chased seagulls and ran from waves.

Tessa thinks about the future a lot and asks a lot of questions. As we were driving home from the beach, she told me that she wants to feed a baby and knows how, but that she may need help. I told her that her husband could help her or I would gladly be her helper. Ken smiled and said something about her having a husband. She said to Ken, “SO DAD… I know that God has picked out a boy for me and that boy is just waiting for me to grow up.”  I had a conversation about this with Siah and Grace about 6 months ago and she was obviously listening.

Those words coming out of her mouth made me smile so big. It warmed me to the core. But it also reminded me that I need to pray for the spouses of my kids more often. I already have a tangible person to pray for in Riley. Josh is marrying a beautiful young lady and we are so thankful. She is a gift. We don't know what the Lord has planned for the other five kids. Since they all have a desire to get married and have their own family, I pray that there is a young woman set aside for Micah, a young man for Natalie, a young lady for Siah and a boy for Grace and Tessa.


I wonder where they are now? Are they being raised in a Christian home? Do they love the Lord? Are their parents teaching them faithfully in the ways of the Lord? I am praying that these kids are being taught about our Savior. That their hearts have been gripped by His grace and mercy. That they are learning who they are in Christ and how beautiful that is. I am praying that their parents are telling them about how amazing God is - His faithfulness. His kindness. His graciousness. His mercy. His tenderness.


I am in no hurry. But I am excited to see what the Lord has planned for my kids. (:





Comments