I know a little girl...

I know a little girl...
 
Who started out looking like this...


And this...


Who rolls her eyes back into her head and sighs when she eats strawberries and whipped cream

Who jumps up when she heard the pastor say that Jesus is alive again and whispered with wide eyes, "HE'S ALIVE!!!!"

Who runs to me and says, "I have very bad news." Then with such expression and emotion she will tell me something that is distressing to her or she will tattle on the big kids if they are doing something that she knows that I wouldn't like. Often she ends with,  "Actually!!" (with her hands up in the air)

Who runs to me and says, "I have fantastic news!!!" Then she will tell me something that she thinks is amazing. It often ends with actually too.

Who can dance extremely well. Like for real. It's surprising. 

Who doesn't like dirt anymore. If she spills, gets wet or if I take her off the counter with wet hands, things go bad quickly.



 Who asks: Since Jesus is alive, can I talk to Him and He talk back?

 Who has always loved kittens


And babies


Who looks at the ceiling and says sorry to God for being bad.

Who if she falls or hurts herself will yell, "I'm OK!" right away.  She is used to me yelling, "You OK?" She always beats me to it.

Who is quick to come to me to ask for forgiveness- Often even before I apologize to her for being sharp with her during our altercation.

Who turned 4 last month


Who has always wanted a piñata for her birthday, but didn't have the heart to break it with a bat. After one hit, she asked if she could keep her and just pull the candy out of the bottom.


Who comes out of her room in the morning and sometimes says "Surprise" with her arms spread wide, like she is a new gift every morning

Who while sitting between Ken and I during church on Sunday, put our hands together so we were holding hands, then kissed both our arms and looked into both our eyes with a reassuring nod.

Who is the only one in the family to have curly hair



Who runs and hugs our legs every time Ken and I hug.

Who wants to be included in all things big.

Who likes to draw and color and who says, "Mom, look I drew a picture of you!!" lol


Who screams and jumps up and down when she is happy.

Who knows that she is an American and seems to take pride in being different - "I was born in the States!"

Who is actually starting to enjoy food. It's about time!! (:



Who asks: Where is God? I love Him the most and want to hug Him and give Him a kiss.

Who still could use a nap some afternoons


I could keep going, but this is Tessa in a nutshell. She is spunky and crazy. She is high maintenance. She is sensitive and her heart is so tender. She wants to know everything she can about God and loves Him fiercely. She loves her brothers and sisters so much too. Although, she is not as cute as she used to be to them. She has started to get in the way and bugs them sometimes. It may be because we are all spending excessive time together right now! (:

She loves me differently. It's special and so deep. It's part her personality. It could be because she is the youngest. It could also be because I have given more of me to her - I am a different parent than I was when the others were little. She has a big personality and is very expressive and says what she is thinking. She talks A LOT, but she doesn't really need to. Her face and body say everything. I am the recipient of many kisses and hugs daily. She leans on me during devotions at the super table and often looks deep into my eyes, winks and whispers in my ear. She tells me how much she loves me. Since she is so physically little, she still sits with me like a someone who is much smaller.  She hasn't reached 30 lbs yet. She still has some 18 and 24 months pants. (:

When I was expecting her, I was excited. Getting to do it again thrilled me. I love being pregnant and giving birth. I am a baby person inside and out, but I was so tired and felt so old. My Oma assured me that it would be one of the best things and that I will be so thankful. We had 6 kids in 18 years and she had 5 kids in 18 years. She knew where I was and what I was feeling. She was right. It's not always easy having a little person with all of our big people, but she is a gift and such a little sunshine. She makes me laugh so many times every single day. We are kindred spirits. I go to Oma's house to give her meds throughout the week and almost every single day she asks me - Did I tell you? Was I right? Lots of kids is the best and you have to have them to know it!! (:

In 5 years our house will look very different. Josh will be 27, Micah, 23, Nat 21, Si, 19, Grace 15, and Tessa 9. The oldest four could be either off on their own or in university/college. Grace will be in highschool and the difference in their age will seem vast at 15 and 9. So it's good that we get along as she will be stuck with Ken and I alone for a long time. (wink)

I adore this little peanut and she is such a special gift from the Lord and we thank Him for giving her to us for these 4 years.




Comments