Covid-19 - #2

There are lots of things that touch me lately - Some are beautiful and some are sad. Here are my top 3 from this week.

1. There was a wedding that was supposed to happen in May, but they moved it to April before more restrictions could be put into place. Since there are only 5 people allowed in one place at a time, this wedding consisted of the bride, the father of the bride, the groom, the photographer and the pastor. Pastor Joel served as the pianist and the officiant. The photographer was also the witness. The photographer and the groom are cousins. They are also 2nd or 3rd Ken's cousins. Their parents are Ken's 1st or 2nd cousins. Whatever. We are related.  ðŸ˜‰

I watched a video from the ceremony and it was so beautiful. It moved me deep inside and I messy cried. I cried because the church was empty, but more because it was special. The simplicity and purity of the ceremony was something I had never seen before. 2 people, a father, a pastor and a photographer. All the noise was stripped away.

People were looking in the windows and a whole bunch of people were in the parking lot in their vehicles. When the couple came out, all them were honking and cheering and had signs. Then all of the cars got in a line and drove past the couple and congratulated them. It gave me goosebumps.

These were my two favourite pictures. Pastor Joel went to the piano and the bride's dad announced them as Mr. and Mrs.


This one shows all of the cars. I am so thankful that people could still share in their beautiful day.  

Used with permission from : Tori Brooke Photography  
Here is a link to the video I watched: Curtis and Ariel
I love her work. (:

2. The nurses and doctors and so amazing. We are so thankful for their service. They are like the soldiers in this war. While we are at home living our lives in comfort, they are going to work with lots of concerns weighing on their shoulders. Last week, a ton of emergency vehicles drove to the hospital. They blocked off the road and drove through the turn around in front of the hospital. They all had lights and sirens on to show support for the hospital staff. I couldn't help but tear up. This picture is a bit fuzzy because it's a screen shot from a video. But it gives you the picture.



3. Sundays- I miss church. I miss my people. I miss gathering. I miss the singing. I miss the preaching in person. Tessa misses Sunday school. I even miss our loud fellowship hall. haha! For those of you who don't go to our church, while the kids are in Sunday school, we have coffee in a room that we call the Fellowship hall. It's so loud in there that at times we are yelling at each other. My hearing isn't great, so I sometimes have to resort to reading lips.

When I am watching online with my family in the living room on Sundays, quiet tears often fall just at the beginning of the service. I know that our church family is watching with us and that is a comfort, but it still makes me ache. My church family and worshiping together is one of the most precious gifts that the Lord has given me. I have never taken it for granted. It's something that I have always treasured, but I think this has made me even more aware. I am extra thankful for social media and technology right now.




Comments