One Saturday night we went to Port. It's rare that we all go out on a Saturday night. But I was super organized for Sunday and the wind felt blustery at our house, so we knew it would be even more so at the beach. We go to the beach more for the beauty than to swim. It didn't disappoint. You can see in the first picture that the waves were washing over the pier especially here at the rocks. The kids were mesmerized. The waves were fabulous, the sky was beautiful and the wind just felt so good. I think these may be my favorite pictures of the summer. These pictures were all taken within one hour in one place. From every different angle, the sky was different - from angry to blue and sunny. It was really neat.

I love how Tessa is trying to be big like the rest instead of just being content to look through the bars. I am so paranoid of a kid going over that I felt fear watching Tessa stand like that. It hits me in the pit of my stomach. But in order for her to fall through, she would have to roll underneath. It's not likely. But I took this picture and went and stood and held onto her. I just couldn't let her be.

In the olden days, we just had a pier with no sides all the way down to the lighthouse. People would be sitting on the edge fishing and it seemed like a good time. But when it got rough, the waves would just wash over the pier. Ken and I spent a lot of time walking the pier when we were dating. If my dad knew that we were going to Port, he would tell Ken to hold onto me. He was nervous and I was 17-19 years old. I am very comfortable in the water. I swim well and would jump in to rescue someone in a heartbeat, but I know that it only takes a second for an accident to happen. As I get older I have seen so much and I am becoming more and more cautious. I get a lot of eye rolls, but I don't know if I could handle an accident happening when it could have been prevented just by being sensible. There is a line between cautious and crazy. I try to stay cautious, but I am sure that I sometimes cross over into crazy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



Trying to figure out how to get those seagulls.


Notice Natalie is not wearing shoes. Normally one would go in bare feet. She hates bare feet. She wears just socks everywhere. No wonder her socks always have holes. (:







My favorite daddy. 


Amazing clouds.



I forget what they were playing here. (:



So Tessa! ( : . 


Grace was terrified to sit there even though it was super shallow. She has a lot bit of her mum in her. (:



My doctor of 41 years retired within the last year. My doc had the same pictures on the wall for all 41 of my years. We saw one of them at Goodwill. The new guy just took them off the wall and gave them away. It almost seems disrespectful. lol. The kids wanted me to buy it, but really, where am I going to put this picture? It's a memory thing, but it's pretty ugly. So I took a picture. It's part of my history.

From the time I was little, I would pick which baby I liked and thought I would have. Then as I had kids, they would do the same thing. I picked the baby 7th from the left. It was the only baby I wanted. haha.




While I was paying during this Goodwill trip, Tessa ran off. She ran to the change rooms and then all the way to the back of the store. Micah and I were tracking her. We got to the back of the store and  I saw this.



This came next. Micah and I laughed pretty hard. I am glad no one was taking notes on my parenting that day. Laughing and then having to make her understand how bad that was just doesn't work. She keeps us all on our toes and we love her personality.





Comments