A Safe Way

A few weeks ago I posted some pictures that the kids took from the top of the railway bridge. I love looking at them. They are so beautiful to me. But it's not just the beauty that keeps me coming back, it's the big picture view.  It has made me think of my view and of God's view.

This first picture is the view I want and the second is the view I have.

Sunset Rd., St Thomas
Normally when I drive, I can see a couple hundred feet in front of me and it's enough to get me to where I need to go. I don't need to see further up the road. It's a safe way to drive.

From the beginning, the Lord has had the big picture view. He sees miles down the road. He sees years down the road. He saw the beginning of my life and He sees the end of my life. He knows what I need to get where I need to go and He knows which way is best for me.

I had a very hard week at the end of May. There were lots of tears. I felt impatient and frustrated that I couldn't see a mile down the road.  I begged God to show me the aerial view just for a moment so I could see the next step. It's all so unclear.

As I prayed and cried, I was reminded that I need to trust Him with a child-like faith. He has shown himself to be faithful over and over throughout my years. It's not theory. It's truth. I need to be content with my 100 feet, leaving the miles and years to Him. It's a safe way to live.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature
Nova Scotia
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5-6 (ESV)

Comments