It's 8:20 on Siah's birthday morning. I have 5 kids sleeping and have decided to let them sleep. It's so quiet in here. It's bliss really. (: Usually I get them all up at 7:30 because I prefer to start school by 8:30. The sun is shining in the window and I really need this quiet time at the end of this week. We are winding down in school and will be done by the end of May so I don't feel bad about taking this day. When it's rare, we can do it without guilt. (:

Ken and Micah left at 7:30 and I have been just tidying up and listening to music with Micah's amazing headphones. So even if Tessa has woken up, I can't hear her. (winky face here). I am usually a loud and boisterous music girl or I listen to podcasts or to a show on CBC. I am very guilty of always having noise in my ears. I don't take enough time to be still. But this morning calls for acoustic and soft music. A song about Heaven by Matt Redman, which is based on my favourite verses in Revelation, is really reaching in and squeezed my heart. Listen here. Put your headphones on. Music sounds better with headphones on. It just does. I'd love to add Matt to my concert roster! (:  I put the words at the bottom of this post. They are gorgeous.

I also listened to Keith Green sing O Lord You're Beautiful for the first time in concert after he wrote it. I have never listened to this song like I listened to it this morning. It is such a beautiful prayer. Hearing the person who wrote it sing it when it's fresh is amazing.  You know this is exactly how it was meant to be sung and you can hear his passion for Christ in his voice. Just close your eyes and let the words wash over you. Music can stir up and be such a balm.

I have heard about people digging into their Bible daily and it's something that comes easy to them. It has never been for me. I have always had to fight. But I have found something that has made me excited and the fight has been replaced with desire. I found the 'Read Scripture' app. I don't use it to read. I prefer to read my bible. Reading on my phone is too distracting. I use it for the videos. They have a video or 2 on each book of the Bible that breaks it down. You learn the complete context, the themes and just generally everything you would want to know. I am a very visual learner. So this is perfect for me. I like to read the chapters or book of the Bible that the video is going to deal with first. Then I watch. The videos are generally between 7 and 10 minutes and move super fast. I usually watch them through twice and make notes both times. Then I mark up my Bible. I then read the chapters or book again. I may spend a week on one video. It has changed my devotional life. I have a much better understanding of the big picture of the Bible as well. I am so thankful and wanted to pass it on just in case someone else could be blessed by it. You can also find them on You Tube if you are not an app person. Here is the one on Philippians. These vids are great for kids as well if they are old enough to catch it.

This post has turned into a recommendation post. (:  I have one more. If you are a movie watcher watch the movie I Can Only Imagine. It's a story about the lead singer of Mercy Me - Bart Millard. It's his story. The one that has defined him and the one that the Lord used to refine him. It's a story of grace. It's the story of why and how the song I Can Only Imagine was written.

I started to listen to Mercy Me in 2007, when I discovered You Tube. I was a little behind. (:  Music is a very important part of my life now, but it was especially special to me when Micah was sick. There were times that I didn't have words to pray or didn't have the physical or mental energy to read my Bible. Music kept me in the Word and reminded me of who God was. The song I Can Only Imagine turned into something very special in our house. We listened to it often. It was a comfort, especially after Micah relapsed. It became Micah's song. I remember so clearly hearing Micah's little 8 year old voice singing it on his own in his room, a time after we talked. He and I had many conversations about going to be with the Lord and how much he would love it and that he would not miss us. He would be complete and 'home'. Those conversation tore me up, but yet were so beautiful. I look back and can see how the Lord held Micah and I as we cried.  He understood so much at such a young age. I look at Grace at almost 8 and can't comprehend having those conversations with her. Really it stuns me. Micah was so much more mature because of what he had already been through. But still. Crazy. Since it was so special to us, I took Micah, Nat and Siah to see this movie in theatres for a treat and it didn't disappoint. It's even more special now that we know the story behind it. You might have to wait for it to come out on DVD. Watch it!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

One Day
One day You'll make everything new, Jesus
One day You will bind every wound
The former things shall all pass away
No more tears
One day You'll make sense of it all, Jesus
One day every question resolved
Every anxious thought left behind
No more fear
When we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and shout the victory
One day we will see face to face, Jesus
Is there a greater vision of grace
And in a moment, we shall be changed
On that day
And one day we'll be free, free indeed, Jesus
One day all this struggle will cease
And we will see Your glory revealed
On that day
And when we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and shout the victory
Yes, when


Comments

Post a Comment