7 Years of Health. Everyday Life. Thankfulness.

A memory from facebook popped into my feed the other day and it was a post from 6 years ago of just random life and it made me smile and teary at seeing all the kids so little. It rekindled my resolve to post here more often. Looking back is fun. (:

It's so exciting to me to feel the warm breeze. It's exhilarating. It feels like we are enjoying the outside here for the first time. Last year we weren't really settled in body or mind. The month of July and August just seem to have passed me by.  The kids are spending hours on the trampoline. It's good for them and me. (: If anyone is selling a second-hand tramp, we are looking. Ours is getting rather sad. Seriously. Let me know.  The next nice day, the kids and I are going to have a 'core school day' and tackle tidying up. It's more fun to be outside when things are clean. It's a mess out there. Our barn/garage is horrifical. I cringe when someone drives up and that door is open. It's been a lesson in letting go for me. If I had my way, I would mop the garage floor. I like order. But it's not realistic in my season (Or ever. I promise I won't ever mop the garage floor. It's just my natural want.). Right now I am happy if my kitchen floor is clean. Hehe. (:


We are in the middle of birthday season here. Natalie turned 13 on the 2nd. Josh turned 19 on the 10th. Siah is turning 11 on the 20th. I had a big picture blog post planned for the 3 of them, but it didn't get done. I will keep working on it. It's harder when the pictures aren't already on the computer. It will come eventually. Late is ok. (:  

Here is one of our birthday girl. 


I would post one of Josh here on his birthday, but he is not so much a picture kind of guy anymore. I get it. (:  Here is one of my faves from long ago. 


There are about 40 days left of school and we are anticipating the end - All of us for different reasons. It's been a great year for Micah. I am thrilled with how he is doing at school, but Micah is exhausted at the end of every day. I am not sure if it's a homeschool thing or a Micah thing, but he is ready for some down time. The kids and I are feeling so ready to be done too. The nice weather is tantalizing and I am ready to spend some time organizing my house. It feels cluttery. I need a week to purge.  I just can't get to it during the school year. (: I can't wait until Ken is home for the summer. I am sure that he will have school work to do and likely preaching, but we will enjoy some down time as well.

Ken and I watched this video on facebook the other day and it had us in tears. It was so real. Those people were us. They are real moms. That video is a language that you know if you have had a sick child, whether it was for a week, a month, a year or longer.  It was done by Sick Kids in TO. This video gives you a small view into the raw emotion felt  For us, it was a reminder to pray for those families that have kids in treatment or kids that have long term challenges/disabilities. It's true that the families need to persevere and keep walking, but it's the Lord who gives the strength needed to carry on. I am so thankful for how He tenderly holds the hurting. 

I realized on Saturday morning that we missed Micah's cancer free anniversary. I laughed and jumped up to find Ken. It's fun celebrate those things, but I love that our lives don't rotate around those dates or the thoughts of what was. It's good to forget sometimes.

March 25, 2010, Micah had his lung resection surgery and became cancer free. He had just under half of his left lung taken out. This is the surgery that they wouldn't do 3 months earlier when he relapsed because the tumor was too big. Three months later, the tumor was bigger, but they were going to just try the surgery because nothing else was working. The first few days of his recovery were awful. Micah suffered. Once we passed that hard, we began to see that we needed to flip our mind and hearts around. A week before, they had given Micah a few months to live if we didn't try the surgery. In the months coming up to the surgery, we had begun to let go of Micah. We had started the process of giving him back to the Lord. So now we had to turn it all around and start looking towards the future. It was hard to separate what was in the moment and what could/would most likely happen. That "most likely" never happened. Here we are 7 years out and only an occasional puffer is needed. No other meds. A healthy 15-year-old boy. Praise be to the Lord, whose tenderness, mercy and grace are incomprehensible.

Just a picture to finish the post off. Micah put Tessa in the basket while he was loading the dishwasher so she wouldn't climb on it. Excuse the weird edit. I thought it would be fun to make her sparkly today. (:  I should add for my memories that she took her first 3 steps on Good Friday. It was fun!




One more of Siah taking Tessa for a walk. It was either that or help me clean out the freezer. Haha. ( : He is getting so good at taking care of her. As I type this he is reading a book to her and just before that he took her outside to pick a flower. All the kids adore her and spend a lot of time loving, playing and teaching her, but I have loved watched Siah growing into her. This picture kind of sums Siah up in my mind. I can't quite articulate why. Maybe another day. (:


Comments