One year

This is a lot of words and a lot of pictures for one little lady  Since I can't bottle her, I have to write it down so I don't forget! (:

Our littlest girl Tessa, who is also known around here as TT, Bee-bee, Tessie, Tess, Te-ssaaaa Pig (Instead of Peppa pig haha) and Molly. Ken calls Tessa Molly at least once a day. She has longish hair that is in her eyes often and she looks like a Molly especially when she just wakes up.

According to my middle boy, she is the cutest and sweetest baby he has ever seen or loved. I think he is right. We all love her so much and she has added much joy to our family. If you ran a video camera in our house, I am positive that at least once a day you would see and hear us all gushing taking delight in her as a family. There are lots of laughs, smiles and awwwwwww's. We thank the Lord for her.
  • She has a big personality and is spunky and fun.
  • I adore her shiny eyes. 
  • If I stand still for a second too long, she will be holding onto my legs. 
  • She loves to kiss people.
  • She loves flipping through books. She will even just look at words. She has loved words since she was itty bitty.
  • Micah pretended to cry tonight while she was sitting with him. She looked at me and stared as if to ask what she was supposed to do about it. She then  laid her head on his chest and said, "Awwww." to comfort him. It was one of the cutest things ever. She knows how to read people and made a conscious decision what to do about it. It melted all of us. (: 
  • She loves it soft and cuddly. 
  • She loves to write. She can hold a pencil and makes marks on the page.
  • She has been in 2 provinces and was born in the US. She gets around. (: 
  • She loves to play on my bed with the kids.
  • She will close a book and say All Done!!
  • She has no teeth yet.  
  • The trampoline is her new delight. 
  • She is short and light, but has a big belly.
  • She doesn't sleep through the night and often ends up in our bed. Good thing we have a king, though too bad that she thinks my pillow is where it's at! Although 2 out of the last 3 nights, she slept through. A-mazing!!
  • She can climb stairs.
  • Tessa never took to the playpen. She has probably been in there for an hour in her entire life. I just took it down the other day. She can do stairs and there are enough people around here to keep an eye on her. I usually assign someone to be her keeper when I am busy doing something. She is pretty self-sufficient already. 
  • She loves people and adores other babies. 
  • She has words: Mama. Dada. All done. Hi Hello. Bye. Nana (banana) Si-ah. Anna. Kitty  Ooooooooo. Tessa. Micah. Don't touch. 
  • She loves her baby, blanket and soother. 
  • She LOVES music and will dance and put my phone to her ear and sway. She can feel the music.  
  • No matter how little sleep she gets the night before, she is always friendly and smiley in the morning. 
  • She will eat most food and has started to tell me when she is full. Delight. 
  • She often has a cough and a runny nose. We can't seem to escape it with her. 
  • She loves the car and the stroller. 
  • She is not quite walking. She will stand on her own in one spot, but can't quite get going. It will happen any time. It sounds nuts, but her feet have been too small. They are finally growing and her balance has improved greatly.
Our sweet baby is a gift. We have loved watching her grow into her own little person. Sometimes I long to smell her newborn neck, but then I hear her yelling Maaamaaaaaaa and I am thankful for my big girl. It won't be long before she joins the ranks. Yesterday, she went to the park for the first time with Ken and the kids. Time goes so quickly. I wish I could bottle a little bit of her. Her sweetness is tangible. I thank the Lord for this little person.

Minutes old and her first skin to skin moments. Ken said smile and this is all I could do. My face wouldn't work and I could hardly talk. I was the most tired of my life. After birth, I am usually ready to jump up and get going, but this time not so much. Maybe it was because of my 'advanced maternal age'. I was reminded of that regularly at appointments throughout my pregnancy! I laughed every time I heard it.  (:  Her labor was amazing up until that last 45 minutes. But look her little lips and squinty eyes.... It was all worth it.


Ken was sm-iiittten, from the first moment. I love a daddy and his girls. Right from the start, she will would wiggle until we took her arms out of the swaddle. 


Day 2. I stayed in the hospital for 1 sleep with her. It was the best thing I could have done. The rest was nice. I loved the care in the hospital. With the others, I always went home within 4 hours. Looking  back, I should have stayed one more day. (: 


Packed up to go home. She cried all the way home. The kids were quiet, but I could see their faces and they were wondering if this was our new life - A screaming baby!! As time went on, they were relieved that she wasn't a screamer and was a great traveler.


I week.



In the next two, she is 2 weeks. These were taken in a hotel room in Brampton on a weekend that Ken was preaching. The bed spread was so white. (:  I love pictures of her on her belly. She was a very small froggy baby, so much so that they checked her often to makes sure there was nothing wrong with her hips. (:


Her little bum was always in the air.. So yummy. 


4 weeks. My dear friend Joni visited and shot a whole bunch of Tessa. It was a fun afternoon. 




 Turk from Tarzan 



3 months


She had a mohawk for a while. She lost most of her side hair, but kept the top. (: 


5 months


7 months - She can do the full splits. It's crazy.  - Oct 2016



This is my favorite soother holder. She still uses it all the time. A little girl from our Grand Rapids congregation, who was from South Africa (with the most amazing accent) made it for her. It's special to me. I will never forget her sweet voice telling me that she made it for Tessa Jayne and that she was thankful that she was born. It was so sweet. (:



.


 9 months




10 months


Fever cheeks


11 Months - These next few are poor quality, but she had her Molly hair going and they just show her personality so much. She is so fun. She is playing with the books here. She seriously loves books. All books. It's strange.







One week away from a year! (I tried to edit the spaghetti off of her face, but I couldn't. I guess it adds to the sweetness.)



The whole house is buzzing for her birthday today. I wonder if we enjoy her so much because we have so many people to enjoy her with. It's busy, but so good. 


I think about this verse all the time when I look at all my babies. So special isn't it?

Psalm 139:13-14 (ESV)

For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.

Comments