9-ish months

Just a quick Tessa post. I started it when she turned 9 months, but now she is 6 days away from 10 months.(;  She doesn't weigh much more than 16lbs. She is tiny but mighty. She has incredible drive. Is super sweet, but has shown us that there is a temper under those smiles.
  • She is the best eater that I ever had. She has been eating off the table since 6 months and now is eating. - eggs, yogurt,  cottage cheese, tuna, all meat, all veggies including raw peppers, oatmeal, pablum, whole milk, peanut butter and banana sandwiches..... 
  • She can drink out of straw - I know, it's a major life accomplishment! (:
  • She has been crawling for quite awhile and is walking around tables. She is always on her tippy toes. I realized yesterday it's because she is so short. She needs to do it to see over things. She wants to walk but I don't think her feet are big enough. It sounds nuts, but it seems like there is nothing to balance on.  (: 
  • Sometimes she plays for an hour just crawling around and exploring, other times she is holding onto my ankles. 
  • I am just now trying to see if one nap is better for her. Her sleeping day and night is hit and miss. She has been sleeping in our bed out of sheer desperation. I said I would never do it. I have done it! She has been in our room since there is no where else to stash her! (:  We just put her in our walk in closet this week. We will see how that works. I need my bed back. She loves to sleep on my pillow and I am tired. 
  •  She is a talker. She babbles and acts like she is carrying on a conversation.  She says uh ohhh, hi, dada, mama and all done. With prompting she can say Micah and Siah.  She sang along with me this morning for the first time. 
  • She loves her sisters, but adores her brothers, especially Siah. 
  • I think she likes Ken more than me. She needs me and prefers me when she is miserable. But she thinks Ken is the best thing that has ever happened. I love love love love that! 
  • She still loves driving in the van and being in a stroller or cart. She rarely cries in the van and has never cried at the store. She likes to be moving and likes to look at things. She is easy to take out. 
  • She is hard to dress. Nothing fits her nicely. She is short and small with a big belly. Her pants are 6 months and she is starting to grow into 9 months sleepers and shirts. 
  • She loves music. When we sing the eensy weensy spider, she waves her hand by turning her wrist.  We often sing it to her at the supper table. She loooooves it and is learning the actions. If someone would look in our window, they would laugh so hard at our family singing for our baby. It's great fun. She also loves to listen to the Getty's on my phone. She will just sit so quietly and direct with her one finger. 
Truthfully, I am still adjusting to the baby stage. I know!! It's been almost 10 months! (: But it's worth all that comes with it. She is amazing and such a gift. We laugh every day as we watch learn new things. She brings so much joy!! (:

Here are a few from the last days. The first one is a pic of the little girls interrupting Ken at his desk as he was preparing for a sermon. It was a welcome intrusion. It's a fuzzy pic. It was pretty dark in there, but still a sweet one.


She is just getting over the flu. This next one shows her fevered cheeks. 


She was so exhausted. Poor love. I am thankful she is almost back to herself. My Aunt Jane gave her that wormy. It lights up and plays soft classical music. It couldn't have been more perfect for her! 


Just to have this documented. She is now officially a Canadian Citizen...... (We need a new mail person. We need emojis on here. So insert a winky face or a roll the eyes face! (: )



And an American. It was a long process and I am glad it's done. 




Comments