I took a picture of Grace on Sunday morning because it was the first time that I actually brushed her hair in like a month. Coming out of the bath, I have been putting it up in a messy bun. So every time I took her hair out it was a huge tangle so I would just throw it back up. It worked for both of us and looked cute. (: When I looked at this picture, I couldn't believe how old Grace is getting. She has shot up and has lost her baby chubs and looks so much more like a girl rather than a little one. In my mind she has stayed my little one for so long. I call her and Tessa the "little girls". But I think she needs to go into the "middles" now. So then we will have one little, one big and 4 middles. I know, I am a weirdo! (:


Our summer is officially over. We went to MBC for 5 days and we went camping with Ken's family for two sleeps. This past Thursday night we got home from our church 'Family Camp' that was held just south of Grand Rapids. It was a fabulous time! The kids are already talking about next year. Now I wish that I had taken some pictures. At the time, I wanted to just soak it in in person, instead of trying to capture things -If that makes sense. We were able to reconnect with friends that we have missed so dearly. Walking back into that community felt like home and the hugs of friends felt so sweet. Since we feel such an ache and a longing for our GR church family, I was nervous to go because I thought it may be too soon. But it was worth it. On Thursday morning, I was thinking about who I had to say good bye to before I left and was going to make sure that I hit them all. But I realized that there were too many people. It would have taken me over an hour to hug everyone and I would have cried with every hug, so we left rather quietly, with thoughts of next time rather than all the good byes. So if you are reading this and were at camp, I wanted to say good bye and tell you that I love you before we left, but my heart couldn't do it. I saved the tears for driving away.

I was talking to a friend, who I knew would understand, about leaving a place that you love and the ache that results. In her message she reminded me that it's OK to long for who and what was. I have struggled in the last weeks here in St Thomas to tell people that I miss Grand Rapids with all of my heart for so many reasons. We miss the seminary, the church, the pastors, the preaching, the church family, the homeschool building. our house, the fast highways, the cultural diversity and the 1.69 milk. It could give the impression that we are not happy to be in St Thomas or that we aren't satisfied with the Lord's leading. But that is not the case at all. We are right where the Lord wants us and our desire is to be right in the middle of His will. We equally love our church family in St Thomas and our life long connections. We appreciate being close to family. Ken is anticipating going into his office on Monday morning to start preparing for school.I am thrilled that Micah gets to go to PRC - Beyond thrilled. We are loving the quiet of the country as much as we long for the rush of the city. At this point it seems as if we are straddling two places with our hearts. And that is ok.

When we were in GR we did groceries. I picked up some of my 79 cent eggs and some other staples. But we also picked up our friend from GR. Ella lived on our street and spent a lot of time with us. Natalie especially has missed her so much. But truthfully, it's not just Natalie that missed her Micah and Siah did too. Even Tessa has big smiles for her. She is technically Nat's friend, but she really did just blend into our family and hung out with everyone. It's so great to have her here.


That is all for today. (:

Comments

  1. I completely understand those feelings. It's been almost 10 years since we moved down here from "up north" and we still miss it, and there's a little ache for what was and what could have been had we stayed there every time we visit. But that isn't because we don't like it here. We have put down roots here too. And we fully believe that God lead us to be here. The blessing of moving around a bit is that you do get to know and love more people and experience different places. So it's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment