Here is our boofie at 4 months. I am not organized enough to use my cute little boxy number things. But at least it's on the right day! (:  I love her hair in these 2 pictures. It's wild!


She loves it when we put monkey's legs around her waist so she can look at it's face and play with it's arms. She is a player for sure!


I have had a few people asking where we have settled, what our house looks like and what we see. I am starting to fall in love with country living. The wind through the trees and the open space is amazing. The stars are brighter. The sounds are different and quieter. Ken is contemplating chickens, so we can sell eggs and maybe even raising a pig for meat. My country boy is making an appearance. (: 

This is the side view of our house. The square on the right is the original house. The part on the left of the door is a living-bathroom and basement addition. Our house is super old (like at least a hundred years old), but has been updated in the inside. Everything has been dry walled, the window, kitchen and bathrooms are new.  I love it. 


This is what I see when I step out of our door. 


We have fields for as far as we can see on all three sides. It's pretty.  


Here is what you see when you drive in. In between the 4 windows used to be the front door. They closed it off. That area where the entrance and the front hall were  is now our walk in closet and the old living room is our bedroom - woodbruning fireplace, exposed brick and all. It's beautiful and big. Ken has a corner for part of his big desk. Tessa has a change table and crib. We have a king size bed and with all that in there, we can still do cart wheels. I will often go in there and just sit in my rocking chair. It's so peaceful and is very set apart from the rest of the house.  


We have some barns and outbuildings. The building on the right is our garage, but it's actually more of barn. We can fit all of our outdoor stuffage and a few vans. It's great to have so much space outside as long as we don't decide to get more stuff and fill them all up. lol There is still some equipment there that old renter needs to clean up. 


This is a shot of going out our driveway. To be honest, I have always wanted a driveway that is surrounded by trees.


Here is our dining room. I am standing in the kitchen as I took this picture. It's kind of like a galley kitchen, but it's still nice and wide.  (:  That door on the right is our bedroom. Our old house was 3 finished floors and we have gone to one finished floor with a half unfinished basement. Everything feels so close together here, but it's still roomy. We are not on top of each other at all.  Even though our room is right off of the dining room, it's actually very quiet in there. Straight down the hall and to the left is the big bathroom and to the right is a big hall closet and Natalie/Grace's room and Josh's room. 



These next pictures have horrible color. Bur Tesssa  always sticks out her tongue when she is happy and it's so adorable and I finally caught it. She sure looks hot and sweaty here.We have no air and are so thankful for the cooler temps in the last few days. It is amazing though how our bodies are starting to climatize to no air. I have had air all of my life and to me air is kind of like water - necessary. I am thankful it'susually not as bad as I thought. (:



This little girl is getting so big, but when I see her all bundled up, I realize that she is still so little. She looks like she has mohawk! (:


This is how Tessa has been sleeping. It gives me a neck ache looking at it.


My little girls haven't been feeling great. Here they are snoozing on Sunday morning while everyone was at church. The quiet was nice for them. I think it's a sinus cold or something. They are stuffy and sneezy. Looking at this picture is making me think I need to put the other 2 bookshelves that are identical to these beside the set of 3 and move the TV to the other wall. Hmmm.... (: ( I did do it after I wrote this. It looks fabulous. Now I have to figure out the other side. It looks blah yet! (: )


A close up of them simply because they are sweet! (:



We have been here in St Thomas for 5 weeks. We are starting to get used to being in a different place. We were able to go up north to Ken's brother's trailer for 5 days. It was amazing and such a huge blessing. As I was packing, I was thinking about things I couldn't pack because I couldn't get them over the border. On the way home from the trailer Natalie almost asked, "How long to the border?"
Our bodies are here, but our minds aren't quite - If that makes sense. I don't want to wish away the summer, but we are so looking forward to the routine of school. I think that will help us feel established. That at home feeling will come. - The feeling is not that far away. (:


Comments