Grace Micaiah is 6

Our little sweet thing is 6 years old. There is just no doubt that Grace's birth was one of the sweetest days of our lives.

One of my favorite picture of all time. Grace's first moments


She was born in the middle of our storm. Micah had relapsed the December before. He had surgery a few months before. We were just coming up to his first scan since surgery to see if any cancer remained. She was induced on my due date so we could have her home for a few weeks of normal in case the scan showed cancer. The midwives suggested that. They took such good care of me in more than just the physical. The moment she cried, I remember Ken and I looking at each other and joy flooding our hearts. It was the day that Ken's smiles came back after months of sadness and the unknown. She has been our sunshine ever since. Her big eyes, soft cheeks, dimples and chubby hands still make us smile. I love that she picks out flow-y skirts to wear every morning and is addicted to skipping and jumping on the trampoline, sometimes at the same time. Her heart is soft and so tender. One unkind word will bring tears.  Her imagination and common sense amaze me. She has an excitement for life that sometimes I envy. When she says, "Best day EEEEEEEEVVVVERRRRRR!" she means it every time. I thank the Lord for all six of my gifts. They are wonderful and I am blessed by each one. But today I especially thank Him for giving us Grace Micaiah.

Here she is today with all the boxes! (: 

Grace wanted a Koala for her birthday. She said that since she didn't think I would let her have a real one that she just wanted a stuffed one! Good choice! lol

Here is her list. She wanted a portfolio for all her drawings just like Natalie. 


Micah, Natalie and Josiah went together on a big pack on shopkins and it's so cute how they wrapped it. It shows so much love and care.




This is the cake she picked from Meijer. I am not much  of a baker especially now since Tessa and moving. This cake is a reflection of Grace. It's perfect!  I am going to miss these cheap Meijer cakes. I am going to have to start baking again! (:  


Tessa during the festivities! 

Paper plates have become my friend in the last months. We are classy like that! (: (wink)


See the toys hanging off the light? Tessa lays on the table and looks at them. She moves her arms like she can reach them, but actually she looks like a dinosaur trying to clap. (: 

Another one in the books for Grace! (:

Comments