March 1

IT"S MARCH 1!!!! That means a lot of things..

1. It's Super Tuesday. Vote wisely Americans. Please.
2. The Blue Jays are playing their first spring training game.
3. The Lord willing, it's BABY month.
4. As of today I have health benefits here in the US that covers me and baby for the next few months.
5. SPRING is coming.
6. Josh is going to Guat. on Friday.

I am 37 weeks tomorrow. This little sweetie is so close to joining our family and I am less at the stage of needing this baby out, but more of a place where I am just longing to meet this person. I have visions of changing little newborn diapers and feeling that little bum in my hands as it stretches when it wakes up. You know what yummy stretch I am talking about! (:  When Grace feels the babes moving around in my belly her eyes light up in amazement. But I keep thinking about how much bigger her eyes will be as she holds and watches this little one when it's outside my belly. I can't wait until Natalie has a little baby to mother. Micah has been longing to cuddle this one for literally 25 weeks. He is in love. It's all rather special. Sometimes at night when we go to bed, I look at the car seat and the stocked change table in my room and Ken and I just laugh out loud. Even though it's so close, we just can't quite comprehend it all. Some days we feel old. I will be 40 in September and Ken will be 43 in June. We are not 20 anymore and I can so tell the difference. I am tired.Very weary. But you know what? There is such beauty in carrying a baby at this age. My perspective is different. I am in such a different spot as compared to all the other times. I see this little one as a soul that the Lord will hopefully entrust to us. A covenant child to nurture and raise for HIS glory. It makes me excited and so thankful. Maybe we will get this one right!! I joke. (Where is a winky face when I need it!) Now we just need a name. EEEEK. We have never waited this long. There are two on the table. One traditional that Ken loved. One not as traditional that I loved. Well, we left it for awhile and when we came back to it, I told Ken that I loved his name. Then he told me that he loved my name. So we are no further along. It might be a delivery room naming session. We have never done that before!

We have decided to have our baby here in the US. Grand Rapids is home through and through. We were quite set on driving back to Canada a few days before I was due. I usually go late, so it would work just fine. I love my midwives and we know the Canadian hospital system etc. Then we wouldn't have to fiddle with dual citizenship stuff either. But as of March 1, my labor and delivery is covered through emergency medicaid. I got prenatal care for the last month at a clinic downtown. I will get post- natal care through this clinic as well. We can take baby through the border with no problems both ways with an American birth certificate. Initially, it's more work to take a Canadian citizen through the American border after birth and when we want to go back to GR. We will have to do paper work to get OHIP and government stuff eventually, but we will worry about it when we move back!  I am thankful we are settled with this decision. There are a few kids that are excited to have a little American in our home. It's another way to take part of Grand Rapids, Michigan with us. (:

Josh is going to Guatemala on Friday. I am excited for him to have an opportunity to serve the Lord and serve the people of Guat. His going is a gift from a couple at church. What a blessing!!! I pray that Josh will be the hands and feet of the Lord, but that also Josh will be touched and will grow because of this experience.

So it's election time here. I NEVER EVER dreamed in a million years that we would be Republican debate watchers. I mean every minute of the debate watchers.  I have heard rumors of politics in the US putting walls up between people. I believe it man! The party or who you vote for can define your beliefs and who you are. Even if you would tell me that you are voting Republican, but are voting  for Trump, my eyes may narrow or at the minimum my brow will furrow. For real. This is such a major vote. I have never really been into politics. When Trudeau was voted in in Canada last fall I cried. As I get older it matters much more to me. I have found myself fretting in the last months over who is going to get voted in here in the US. But one of our Pastors preached a sermon on a verse that I am sure I have read before, but have never really thought of in depth. I am having a mind blank, but I am pretty sure it was Romans 13:1, although I could be wrong. I thought it was a more obscure verse. I will have to ask Ken. But we need to remember that the Lord has ordained this man regardless of whether it's my man Cruz, Trump, Clinton or Bernie. We do need to vote well, but even when the person elected has no regard for the Lord or His laws, we need to pray for that man and have respect for him. The Lord is still on his throne and controls who sits on the 'thrones' here on earth.  My heart has been stilled, but we are still watching carefully.

I just have to say one more thing about our baby and Grace. We have known since 20 weeks what gender this baby is. We made a decision to tell all of our kids and see what happens. In the past, we just told the big ones. Well Grace let it slip a few days after we found out and Siah the next week. I have heard a rumor that maybe Grace told one more mom when she was playing in the nursery after church. So 3 people at church know from our kids. Those people have graciously kept our secret! (: But when people ask Grace what our baby is she tells them that it's a family secret and if she tells them, it wouldn't be a family secret anymore. We didn't tell her to say that. This is her own explanation and it makes me laugh. She has done so well for a five year old. It's been fun watching her. I think she is kind of impressed with herself. She said to me on Sunday afternoon, "I am really quite good at this secret thing!" (:

My goal in the next while is to start blogging again. I need to start taking pictures again too -Maybe even with a real camera, rather than my cell phone. (: We will see if I can actually do it. If I don't get blogging into my life again, my next post will be to announce our little one! (:



Comments

  1. I loved reading this post, Belinda. I hope and pray that everything will go well with you and your little one. With love, Mary V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to read how you are doing! March is a great month to have a birthday ;) All the best in the weeks ahead with all that comes in having a baby. You and I both cried with Canada's results last fall. I still cringe and am embarrassed to say I am Canadian, thanks to our now prime minister. I had to remind myself often of Who put him in that position. We pray for him a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I like your goal! It was so nice catching up with you and we look forward to hearing your news. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment