The kids have done 2 weeks of school at home and started the Homeschool Building this past Friday. It's good to be in the swing of things again. Ken and Josh are into their last years. Josh as a senior and Ken is finishing up his M-Div. It's crazy to think about.

In the last months, there have been things that have unfolded in regards to the path that the Lord has put Ken on. At first it was really hard to process. It tested our trust and reliance on the Lord. It has also been an opportunity for people to show us love and we sure have been loved! We have been reminded that when things don't go as we plan, that there is such a beauty in trusting the Lord with a quiet and simple trust. Knowing that the Lord always knows best and that He is on His throne is such a comfort. Knowing that to Him nothing is a surprise and that He has something beautiful planned for us and that we will see it in His time is so reassuring.  I am so thankful that knowing WHO God is can change perspectives. My favourite attribute and the one that we know so dearly and personally is that He is always faithful - These 4 words are a source of joy to us and we praise Him for who He is as we wait for His plan to unfold.

It's been a very long time since I have blogged. The biggest reason is because of the little love below. I have never been so nauseous and am the most exhausted I have ever been with a pregnancy. There were some weeks that I took a morning and afternoon nap and then went to bed at a good time. But on the other hand, I have never fallen in love so quickly with a little one. It look me an hour of knowing to be smitten. My mid-mornings and later afternoons are still by far the worst. It's been hard on my Sundays. Most often I only go to church once and listen the second time. But there have been a few times that I have stayed home all day. I am looking forward to being 'back to normal'. It's got to come soon! (: I am now about 13 weeks. The Lord willing, my due date is March 21.

The 3 middle kids came to my first ultrasound (9weeks) and it was so beautiful to share with them. They were in awe of how little our baby was and the fact that he was bouncing around like a little crazy already. It was so special.


I have so many pictures that I haven't shared. I need to share one more from BC. A few days before we left for home, we went to Victoria. It was beautiful. I would have loved to stay there for 24 hours. There was a lot of see and we couldn't stay long because we had to catch the ferry at a decent time. Our last stop was the Terry Fox monument. Many people would say that it's not a big deal. When Ken pulled up and I saw what it was, I was instantly in tears. That young man worked so hard to raise money for cancer research (and through his runs continues to do so) and he has a special place in my heart. It touched Micah as well. It's just one of those things.

After we went to BC, we had a week at a cottage in the Upper Penninsula in MI.  It was very beautiful and we were able to have some quiet. Although, something tells me that it would have been even more beautiful to me if we hadn't just come from BC. I was used to seeing oceans and mountains and even those at the end of our time in BC didn't impress me. It lost it's wonder! There was a river 20 feet out our front door that led to Lake Superior. The cottage came with kayaks and canoes, so the kids were in the water a lot. It was wonderful.

There was a current and Grace was floating away. She loved it! Micah was going to get her. I actually think Josh ended up getting into the canoe to get her. Even though Micah could touch the whole way, it was too hard for hard for him to pull her against the current.


This is the other way down the river. Pretty eh?


My Ken.


This is my favourite picture of our cottage time.  It was a little tricky to get down there so Grace and I stayed on the stairs. I was glad I could get this neat picture of the 5 of them.


This last picture was taken at Swartz Creek on the way home from our last trip to Ontario. We were stopping to have a break and the kids were standing on the side trying to see how many honks they could get. Grace was standing there wiggling her little bottom and making the horn sign with her arm. She is still so delicious. The kids made me laugh.  I am realizing that as I get older, I am starting to let these little things go. I would never have let them do that five years ago. Ken is rubbing off on me and that's a good thing! (:






Comments

  1. Congratulations!! Wow, how exciting! Praying that you start to feel better soon, and that all things may go well. Such a blessing every time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment