Things that make me thankful, smile or laugh! (:

 I found this post from last summer in my drafts. I thought I would slip it in here because it still made me smile! (:

1. We went to Michigan Adventures this (last)summer as a family. For my Canada people, it's similar to Canada's Wonderland. We had an amazing time. We left Grace at a friend's house. She had fun playing with her friend Esther!! (:. She was too little to enjoy and having a big kid day was great. Ken told the kids that there was no way he was going on the big coasters and then surprised them by going on all of them. I loved the big rides too, but one thing that the kids and I loved were the bumper cars. I think I liked them so much because that is really how I would love to drive. For real. It's appealing to me. Sometimes the kids and I start laughing as I am driving when we talk about how fun it would be if we could really just slam into every thing! (:

2. Grace is growing and learning.  She can rarely remember the word grandpa. So she calls her grandpas - boy grandmas. I also love the way she loves to learn. She sings a lot of songs and can keep tune and rythmn. She also told the kids that p-lu-tO is the smallest planet and that A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y are the vowels. She is also learning grammar jingles with Natalie. Her brain is a little sponge. Talk about efficiency for me!! Now to convince her that if 2 people live together and are boy and girl, it doesn't automatically make them brother and sister. We will get there eventually!

3. Close your eyes and picture this one (after you read it (; )..... Micah does choir at the Home School Building on Wednesdays. The first day, it was sop through your clothes in less than a minute raining. So I was going to get the vehicle for the kids. I ran to a black Honda Pilot, threw open the door and almost jumped onto a boy. He was about 13 and I am quite sure he almost peed his pants in fear and surprise. I said I was sorry and closed the door. Honestly though, I was so sure that he was in the wrong one that I looked in the backseat to make sure it wasn't Grace's booster seat in the back. Our van was 2 spaces down. I laughed so hard once I got into our van. I was super wet and the expression on his face was priceless. I would have scared me too. I still laugh about it.

(I am so thankful for the gift of laughter. I laugh at things that are running through my mind all the time. It seems random and my family thinks I am a crazy person, but I am OK with that!  I think only my mom and sister really get my sense of humor(: )

4. I have learned that the key to cutting your husband's and boys' hair is not to gasp or start laughing when you make a mistake. You just need to carry on like nothing happened. They will never realize! I just laughed out loud as I typed that! (:  Every now and then I like to say, "Oh NO!", just for fun when I didn't make a mistake. I have cut a chunk out of Josh's hair. Picture bald spot! (: Haha!

5. I went to True Woman last weekend. Ken looked after the kids and I am so thankful for his willingness . He is so great with the kids. It's a blessing. It was wonderful to get away. I am not sure I have ever left for a few days without Ken or the kids. It's usually with one or the other. I drove down with some great ladies that I had never met before. It was a wonderful time of refreshment in so many ways and I find myself longing for that special fellowship that we had that weekend with all those ladies and my dear friends.

6.Things that make me smile only in Michigan......... A.  People here in MI, rarely say fridge or refridgerator. I have heard fridgerator or refridge. It makes me smile every single time. B. When I am listening to the weather in the van and the number rhymes with the place - 72 in Kalamazoo. Come on! Say it! You will smile. (: C.  A yellow light in Canada means you better stop if at all possible. In the States it mean step on it and get through that light. Now we have a Grace in the backseat saying, "MOM or DAD, yellow means SLOOOOOW!" We should listen.

7. You know that morning when you are in the kitchen and it's still dark out and you hear a little girl say a quiet, "Hi Mom." Then you lean down to hug the little sweetie and you feel little chubby 4 year old fingers holding on to the back of your neck and when you kiss her cheek, it's still hot from her bed. When you put your face in her neck to feel the warmth your heart fills so full that you either will burst into tears or start laughing uncontrollably? Yes me too! (: She melts me down to my toes.



Comments