Big Week

It has been a big week in our house. Lots of things are happening.

First, Grace is getting BIG. I love this picture of her working on her math. Look at her little hands. Sweetness. These are the images I need to bottle!

A little funny story about Grace. As went across the border this week, the guard asked if we had any fruits and veggies in our snacks and I said no. Grace chimed in from the back, "BUT we have BUNNY with us!!!" The guy loved her and told her bunny looks like she needs a bath! (:  She tends to lighten things up at the border. Although some of those people have hearts of stone and just want to cause problems for people!! They often do a roll call of the kids from our paper work. When they call her name she smiles and waves with her big dimples showing, almost like we coached her to charm them. It usually works! (:



Last Thurday, the kids and I drove to Canada for Micah's first aftercare appointment. We saw old people and new. We hugged and smiled. I might have even been a bit teary. He had an ECHO and EKG to see how his heart is doing. He had a chest Xray, to check on his lungs. He had an Xray on his hand to see the age of his bones. He had a check up and was asked many questions. We walked away with positive heart results, a clear chest Xray and a good check up. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! It still makes me tear up writing this. The Lord has given us more than we could have ever hoped for. We never doubted that He is able. He just could have chosen differently. I remember crying out to the Lord to just let Micah meet Grace. Now look! Grace is going to be 5 years old. We are full beyond measure.

I took some pictures for the first time in years at the hospital. Micah and I felt like were walking down memory lane in a good way. It was a blessing to us!

Here is the boy waiting for the next person to see him! I am kicking myself because just after this pic was taken 3 of our fave people came in to see Micah - ones that have been with us from the beginning. (Art Therapist, Child Life and a special nurse) It's rare that they are all in the same place at the same time. A picture with our big boy Micah would have been fun. I have pictures of Micah with them, but he is so little! (:



This is my spot, behind the wall in the Xray room. Here is where I saw the cancer on the screen when Micah relapsed. This picture was originally just for me to remember this spot. A lot has happened in this spot for me personally over the years. But I wanted to show you how cool Micah's lungs look. It's a bit fuzzy because it's a cell phone pic in the dark, but do you see that black spot? That is where he has no lung. Neat eh? (:


Our hospital. I know! We are weirdos for taking a picture of it.



YESTERDAY our not so little Josh, got his G2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That is screaming exciting. He and Ken drove to Sarnia ON and met my dad and Oma, so Josh could use Oma's little Honda. Our Pilot is a little big for parallel parking. I was concerned. Josh didn't take full drivers ed here. The system is different and they are doing a lot in class studying for a written test when Josh has already done it. It also doesn't count for our Canadian insurance. So we bought 4 hours of in car lessons this past month. He did really well, He is a very good driver, but we drive differently here in the States. The speed limits are faster and we get used to looking at the miles per hour instead of the kilometers per hour. I often speed in Canada, it's hard to change what you are used to. The lights are a little different with flashing reds and flashing yellows. We also step on the gas here when the light turns yellow. It just is. But he just flew through the test. Things sure have changed since we had our test. It was a trial and a half when I went for my test. His was 15 minutes. He didn't have to back up or parallel park. He drove in a subdivision and was done. It works for me! (: We are crazy thankful! Even though he won't have a vehicle to drive everyday, I am hoping for him to be able to drive himself to school 3 out of the 5 days.  It will save me a lot time and give him some freedom! (: It's so time!

Josiah is birthday number three in April. Natalie turned 11 on the  2nd, Josh turned 17 on the 10th and Siah turned  9 yesterday. It's way bigger than 8! Our sweet, sensitive little guy is a special one. We think all of our kids are special, but he is just so different and unique (in a good way). It's fun to celebrate him! Josiah also started his first stage of braces today. Today he got some spacers in and in the next weeks he will get his expander and then braces on his front teeth top and bottom. It will take a year to complete. Then he can wait until he is older to get the full mouth done.  Micah and Natalie need orthodontic care as well, but they can wait. Siah's bite is so bad that he can't even really chew meat. It's a problem and the problem will increase as he grows. I am sooooo thankful for the orthodontist that was recommended to us. If you need one in GR, just ask! This sounds weird, but when we go for an appointment I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that it works for us to do this now. It's a big deal for him.


Natalie and her friend Ella from down the street. Her dogs are soooooo cooooool! (:


The Derby race for church.  It's a highlight for my kids!



The weather is getting beautiful. It has been glorious (Not today, it's FREEZING!!!). Sagatuck is by far our favouite beach. Ken and the kids went last Saturday. I so wanted to go too, but I had been gone to Canada Wednesday and Thursday. We had the Spring Review Friday and the Derby race on Saturday morning. I so needed to just have some peace and quiet and do a run through of the house. It was worth it! (: Ken took a sweet vid of the kids, but also got these cool pics of Josiah (bottom)and Josh (top)running down the hill.





The girls booting around on Ella's scooter. Cuties!


Baseball started last week for Micah, Natalie and Josiah. It has triple busied our lives. We do it to ourselves for about 2.5 months. But it's worth it for the kids. They love to play and it's good for them. This year they are the youngest age on their teams. It should be a good year. Josh has been playing for a while already for his school team. He has a double header tonight and it's sooooo cold! Ken went with Siah and Micah. I am fine with staying home and doing all the dishes by myself! (:


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update!! Loved it. So grateful to God with you for Micah's continued good health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment