Stuff

Yep it's March. I have become one of those absent bloggers - Something I have always said that I would never do!! I love blogging so much. It's a great outlet, but I have to settle my longing. It's not part of my season right now. The time will come back some day. Sometimes learning to be content in the season you are in is hard, but important. It's so easy to keep looking forward and forget about today. If you do that, someday you will wish you could have all of those today's back.

We got the call a few weeks ago about Micah's first aftercare appointment (April 16). He is going to get his heart thoroughly checked out for any damage. They are going to do an Xray of his chest to check on his lungs. He will see his oncologist and radiologist, meet a new case managerand see a few other new people that I don't know. It's kind of an exciting day. It is also the first time that we are going that Micah is completely and totally aware of what has gone on, what is going on and what could go on in the future. He has done a lot of processing and maturing this year and we have also done a lot of talking. We are at peace with this appointment. There have been a few moments of deep breathing for me. It's easy to let the facts overwhelm. But I know for certain that the  Lord is in control of this and we are resting in that fact. God doesn't guarantee a life without hurt, but He is on His throne and is perfectly sovereign.

It is also 5 years ago right now that the chemo wasn't working and we were coming to the end. Micah's surgery happened on March 25. So he has been cancer free for almost 5 years. Those days were so hard. But the joy it brings to realize that 5 years have passed is intense. It's significant. I am not a party kind a person at all. Like at all. I like to celebrate quietly with my little family on birthdays, anniversaries and stuff like that. That is just me. But my gut reaction is to throw a huge party in St Thomas and invite anyone who wants to come from anywhere. Our family, extended family, church family, our broader church family, our old neighborhood community and people we don't even know of who walked that road with us for all of those years. I want to tell them that I love them and that I appreciate their love and support. I want to celebrate the gift the Lord has given and thank everyone for the pleading, tears and prayers that went up on our behalf. It sure is sweetness to think about. A gigantico party is not really practical especially since we are gone for most of the summer. Maybe we will have a party some day. But for now the thought of it and my words will have to do.

Natalie's Bella (guinea pig)


Snickers joined Bella. She is Micah and Siah's. Since this picture was taken, they have been banned from furniture that isn't leather. The hair is a little gross. They come out of their cage at least a few times a day to be cuddled or to run around.  I vacuum almost everyday now because of these creatures. They bring a lot of joy to my kids, are great pets and it's a pretty good compromise. It's not a small boring animal, but they are not a cat or a dog! (:



So I had an FBI agent at my door this week. Seriously. Just so you know, they do look and act exactly like the ones in the movies. You know the badge around the neck on a chain, the jeans and vest. Yep. It's an interesting, but kinda sad story. (We are not in danger but) I will tell it when we are not livin' in the hooood any more!

At the last Purtian supper, the kids learned to sing God is so Good in 5 languages - Dutch, Mandarin, an African language, English and another one. It sure was beautiful.


Our tickets were booked for British Columbia yesterday. Ken is doing an internship there this summer. Ken is going for 7.5 weeks and the 4 kids and I are going for 6 weeks. Josh is coming a little later, so he can work this summer with my dad. Today it became real and I am giddy-giggly excited! I am trying to stop smiling like a weirdo! I am so thankful to be looking forward to something different. We have always wanted to see the west. I am drawn to the ocean like a magnet. I have always loved water, but after we went on Micah's wish trip cruise, I have longed for the ocean like nothing else. It's my favourite part of creation. BC has mountains to top it off. Delight! For real! I for see a summer full of beautiful picture blog posts.  Haha!


We found a neat rollerskating place close to our home that is super cheap and fun. Siah is dropping because the DJ said, "Drop like a bug!"Grace can't quite get it, so the kids take turns pushing her around in a stroller. Josh can drift the corners with her and it's so fun! (: I grew up rollerskating once a week at Skate Estate in St Thomas (where the bingo hall is now). Those are great memories.



Special friends. Josiah is reading and Grace is just resting.


My little girl is getting big. 





Grace's most important possessions (besides bunny) that she keeps in her Dora back pack




The kids (Nat, Micah, Siah) going out to make some money shovelling. They were too late in the day!




A little side note. It's supposed to go over freezing today and it's going to feel tropical Spring will come. I know it! I can almost feel it! (:



Comments