It all started 7 years ago.....

5 years old. September 2007. A few months before diagnoses.
Ken, Micah and Siah are gone on a camping trip with cadets. It's Josiah's first time going on a fall campout. The dads are always invited, but none usually go. Ken likes camping a lot, but just not so much in the cold. On the bright side, it's a little warmer than last year. (grin) The boys are thrilled he is going.  Ken is a kind dad! (:  So it's pretty quiet here, which is odd for a Friday night at 5:35. Quiet is nice! (:

Today is the seven year anniversary of the start of our journey with Micah and cancer. (Micah's story)

12 years old. September 2014
Usually on this day, I have so much to say.

This year, I don't have anything to say. I think I have said it all already.  (:

I simply wanted to share this milestone and to ask you to praise God with us that we can acknowledge this day as a family of 7.  I wouldn't say it's a day of celebration like March 25 is. It's more of a sober day that we thank God for His sustaining strength and faithfulness.

The Lord has preserved Micah's life and has blessed him with remarkable health. It's almost unbelievable. We are blessed beyond comprehension.

I also want to thank you all who have prayed so faithfully for all of these years. You have been a beautiful example of how the body of Christ mourns and rejoices together. You have loved us with a special love.

Psalm 146:1,2

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being"

Comments

  1. So thankful with you. 12 years old. So wonderful. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tremendous blessing that you are a family of 7. So thankful with you that Micah is healthy. An answer to many prayers. You have been an encouragement to me for many years as I have read this blog and admired your honest testimony of Gods goodness and faithfulness even during this valley of your lives. Was great to meet you....Blessings to your family....Tara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment