Home again...

We are home.

We have been gone for 13 days. I think that is the longest we have been away from home. To be honest, it felt like much longer and that is a good thing. Thirteen days to be together as a family and almost completely logging off the computer and not answering the phone was a rest that we really did need. Walking into our house actually felt foreign yesterday afternoon. After a few hours of being home I realized I actually have to start doing 'work' - dishes, wash, thinking about school etc. SHOCKING. (O:

We went on holidays with our Pennings family for a week and it was amazing.The place we stayed was crazy beautiful. Grace walked in and said that it was a gigantic house and that it was gorgeous. (Her two new words.) She also kept getting lost. She would keep asking me if I could help her find the big red door.

We had the whole Inn to ourselves. Each family got 2 rooms. There was a pool and playground. We were right on the lake. There were horseshoes, shuffleboard and a volleyball net. For rainy days there was a media room and a big room with pingpong and stuff like that. There was a great library for Ken to peruse and the kitchen was big enough for us all to work in. We were spoiled! (: I am so thankful for the time we had together. We miss so much with them through the year, that it was just such a blessing to be together without time constraints - Sitting around the pool, watching the kids play, playing volleyball, walking and sitting by the lake with Ken, sitting around the fire, doing dishes together, having serious conversations and fun ones too. That week left me full.

The second part of our time away was spent in St Thomas. Since Ken had to preach on the Sunday after holidays, coming home for a few days only to have him drive all the way back, didn't make much sense. So we got to see my family as well. I even got some extra snuggles with my new niece, Nora!

My sister had a baby! (:  I had been so longing to make it for her birth. I would have driven from Grand Rapids to try. Providencially she went into labor at exactly the right time for me to be there. We had gone to St Thomas the night before our holidays so we could break up the drive. She went into labor early the next morning and was settled in just in time for us to leave to go to the Inn. It was perfect and we couldn't have planned it any better ourselves! (:  It was beautiful. What a gift little Nora Jayne is! Ahem.... That is my middle name and it makes me smile. (:

Ken started school yesterday and I can't believe the summer is pretty much done. I am kind of excited to get back to routine, but wishing it would hold off a little longer. Routine is quite busy and once we get into it, I know that I will feel a little wistful for our slower pace.

Here are some pics of our holidays....


This is where we stayed. It's so beautiful!





The view from the back door. 


A very relaxed Ken. So good to see! (:



We spent a lot of time at the pool. 









The 'sandbox'


The water was pretty rough the last few days. I took some of the kids down to see. The water is way higher than if was at the beginning of the week.


About half the kids...



Natalie (middle) and 2 of her girl cousins. 


Looks almost tropical! 


My reading spot..... I know! Funny lookin' toes! (: 


Ken just taking it in with a few kids. A storm was coming in.


Grace was concerned about the weather and was intent on getting somewhere. 


Almost the whole family eating a meal. I think there were about 42 of us at the peak time of the week. (7 aren't part of the immediate fam.)


Micah and Nora



I am thankful for my family on both sides. We don't take the beauty of the relationships for granted. We are blessed.


Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures Belinda! What a treat for us to hear Ken preach on Sunday. Next time (hopefull) we'll have your whole family in Vineland.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment