Hello there....

Life is sure moving on. It's hard to believe that it is actually warm outside. Baseball is in full swing for all 4 kids and Josh is going into exam week. He is finishing off his sophmore year and next year he will be a junior. I was just showing off that I finally got the American lingo. It has taken me two years to remember what grade has what title!lol. 

Ken is done his second year of school. That deserves a big NO WAY!!!!!!! I can't believe we are half way. It seems like just a few months ago that we moved, but we feel too settled for that to be the case. I am excited about what the future holds for us, but there is a small part of my heart that will always be here in GR. We have made some beautiful connections here that I will be so sad to leave. We are so thankful for the Lord's blessing and leading in the last two years. He has shown us in various ways and given us such peace that we are right where He wants us. It makes me so thankful. 

My Grace girl is going to be 4 in less than a month. In the last bit she has grown up so much, but she is still so much of a baby to me. She told me this morning that she didn't want to have her hair washed because the shampoo wasn't her favourite color and that she likes flowers and butterflies not baths.  A few weeks ago she sat in front of the washing machine crying and telling me that her bunny does not like water or loopty-loops. Her bunny just likes carrots!  Funny girl! She is also sweet. We went to pick Josh up the other day and when he opened the door she told him that he makes her so happy. She tends to speak her mind. We are never guessing how she feels. It's kind of handy really.  I need to video her more. I don't want to forget. I haven't figured out how to bottle her yet !(: 

Last weekend, Ken and I went to New Jersey. Ken was asked to speak at the youth group meeting on the Friday night. We dropped our kids off in Ontario on Thursday and continued on all by ourselves for 5 sleeps. Ken is my very best friend and my favorite thing to do is to spend time with him, just as husband and wife. It had been so long since we had some time on our own and we enjoyed it very much. We got to know some great people and were reminded how beautiful the love and prayers of the Lord's people are. The people in NJ have been praying for our family for years.  We were welcomed like old friends, rather than strangers. I will never forget. 

On Saturday, Ken and I went to New York city. It is something I have always wanted to do. I love hustle, bustle and noise. We jumped on one of those tour buses and saw the whole city. I took a lot of pictures! (: The 9/11 monument/fountain was amazingly beautiful and so sad at the same time. It finally became real to me.  I wanted to ask some of the families I saw who obviously lived there how they do it. Do they like it? Do they want to scream after awhile? Do they have somewhere to escape?  How much do they pay in rent? I bet they pay as much just for their apartment as we do for our whole budget every month. The only way I could live there is if I had a cottage on the shore somewhere to escape to on the weekends. (: It's so fun checking things off my to-do list. New York just got a big check mark! (:  My next big thing that I long to do is to take a comfy chair and put it on the beach at the ocean and just listen to the sounds and feel the wind. Ahhhhhhh, do you hear it? 

I have to say that I have a billion pictures to put on my blog, but I can't find my camera cord and the computer that takes my memory card has gone down. One day when I get it all straightened out I will have to post about 200 pictures! (: 

Nice chatting, it's been too long! 

Comments

  1. Noooooooo! It's grade 10 that he's finished and he's going to grade 11! Don't fall for their lingo traps! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love hustle, bustle and noise. Funny that is what I can't do. I'm happy you had some time together. :) Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment