We are in Canada for part of Spring Break. We have many appointments booked, including new passports, dentist, MRI, speech therapy and a few more!  It will be great to get them all done. (:

This morning we got our passports done. Phew! I was thankful to get that checked off of our list. They should be done Wednesday by 12. That is service!

It has been so nice to see family and step out of our regular paces. We always love to come and worship in St Thomas, even though it's not exactly home anymore. In the past year we have become more comfortable in the Grand Rapids church. But connecting in person with the people that we have known for most of our lives feels like a big giant hug. It's a beautiful thing that almost made me cry. We didn't realize how much we needed it!  We love these people and they will always be special.

Tomorrow morning at 8:30, Micah has a scan. The past 6 months have gone so quickly. It's hard to believe. We would appreciate prayers for peace and a smooth scan. This may finally be the one that they will need to take pictures of his abdomen and chest separately. He has grown a lot and last time he was on the cusp. If there are bumps it could take up to an hour and a half. I have heard that the MRI suite has new movie glasses. That would be so fun if Micah could watch a movie during the scan. It would make it go so much faster for him and be a great distraction. (O: He also has an appointment to see his oncologist at 10:30 for a check up.

My Naddie girl turned 10 last week. She is maturing and turning into a little lady. I have watched 2 boys get older, but watching my girl mature is different and I love it! She got her ears pierced for her birthday and they are so pretty. We had a flower cake and a fun family night to celebrate. I have pictures to post, but I am having trouble connecting my computer and camera.

Get this!!!!!! Josh is turning 16 this week. I can hardly wrap my head around it. There was always a part of me that dreaded these big steps. Now I see how fun they are!!  I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for our boy.

I take such joy and comfort knowing that the Lord has each day of our lives planned. I think about that as I watch our kids grow up, as we go for scans and as we think about the road that our family will take with Ken's ministry. God has a perfect plan for us. He has us right where He wants us at all times.  Each mountain and valley, each joy and trial comes in perfect form and at a perfect time in our lives and will be used for our growth and His glory. I am thankful.

Comments

  1. I appreciate your blog entries so much -- always uplifting even when life is tough. Your faith is a loving, all-knowing Father blesses me. Thanks for all you share!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment