Wowza!!! For a while I completely forgot about this here blog. Life is so full.

I have noticed in the last bit how my family is growing. In January, Micah turned 12. In April, Natalie turns 10, Josh, 16 and Siah, 8. Then in June Grace turns 4. We are back to evens. I like evens. But those numbers are big. For everyone of them the number seems like it's in a different category than the last.

Josh is turning 16.  He will be in Kentucky on a mission trip on his birthday. That's kinda too bad! We will be in Canada then and he could have got his beginners. It's hard to comprehend that we will have a driver. I have watched kids at church turn 16 for years and always felt butterflies for the parents. Now we are here. For the record, I am not concerned. Josh will be a great driver. He is level headed, capable and mature. He can drive well already. No biggy.  Although the highways make me nervous. They are fast and we do have weird ramps (131 to 196) that make me yell  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh as I crisscross with cars. Seriously, I do. It's better than closing my eyes and hoping for the best!  (o:

Grace is growing up big time.  She is talking like crazy now and is the most open child I have ever had. She needs to work on her sounds yet, but I am thankful she can express herself now. Every where we go she introduces us all. "This is my mom. This is Nads, This is Siah....... " She talks to complete strangers. In the mall last week she told a lady in the store that her bum is clean and that before bed she pulled up her pull up all by herself. Then she said that she wants to go to school with her purple backpack, a heart pencil and a drink box and that she wants to read by herself. She told her that we have 3 girls and 4 boys in the family. She talked to the lady for 10 minutes. Micah was mortified! A few weeks ago she said to Siah, "Dance with me slowly Siah" and then took his hands.  I was looking for Ken and  I asked where Daddy was. She said, "Your boy dad is outside!". I love that she sees the connection that Ken and I have. She thinks every female is a sister. She calls me sister mom, and my sister is sister Fori (Tori). Just so you know, we have a hamster and it's a girl. She calls it her sister hamster. The other day she told me I was the biggest sister she has ever seen! (: She loves to sing and tells me that she has dancing and singing power. She rides her bike in circles around the table with no hands directing herself as she sings. She loves Little Einsteins. It's a cartoon based around music. It plays all the famous composers, but it's still a story. So she is humming the classics. When I sit her down to watch it, I can take comfort that it's purely educational !(:

Josiah and Natalie are getting big too. Josiah is a crazy reader, reading books sometimes in 1 day. Natalie loves girlie things and crafts, but is also excited that baseball is starting. A highlight for her is that she is getting her ears pierced for her birthday in a few weeks. It will be fun! But I do remember that stinging red ear feeling. She won't love it!

Micah is starting to fill out too. Sometimes I think that he is Josh when I glance at him as I walk past. He is also excited that baseball is starting. They went for their skills things today. He is thankful to be the oldest age on his team so that he will be able to pitch more this year. It's a big deal. Josh has already started baseball practice too. He has practice almost every night after school. I am sure he is also thrilled that he is not the rookie this year. Being a freshman was tough playing with all the big guys.

As I really think about my kids getting older, I am reminded how short our time is with them. We have hard days and sometimes I am exhausted emotionally and physically. We don't have all little kids anymore, but I think it's the busiest I have ever been. Sometimes I wish I could start over. I look at little families just beginning and I see those little lives as fresh slates. Even though I still have a lot to learn, I always wish I knew then what I know now. I would love them differently and not take the time for granted. I would school them all differently from beginning. I have such different thoughts of what is important in many areas. That is what happens when you grow up! (: I have to remember that God had me where he wanted me, every step of the way.
.
I think this has been the longest winter of my life. It has actually made us of all weary and even a little blue some days. I know that God gives us the weather. He has everyday planned for a purpose, so I ask for contentment. But I have struggled. I have to be honest and say that I don't love hot, hot either. But I may just really love it this year! (:  When I am sweating I will remember the times it was so cold that we would yell when we ran to the van or the 12 foot drifts in the parking lots.It will be a day of celebration when I wash the snow pants and put away the boots. It makes me giddy!  It has got to be sooooooon!

One more thing... I was wondering if you could start praying for Micah's upcoming scan. It's on April 8 at 8:30am. Thanks.


Comments

  1. Hi Belinda,
    I am thankful for these little updates . . .even if they only come every few months! I enjoy reading about your kids and family. I agree 100% on your thoughts about doing everything differently if we could start all over . . .but that is how we learn! Glad you are doing well . . . and I hope along with you that spring is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with starting over is, if you could, you would get halfway through and still realize you don't know very much. And you'd want to start over again. That's why we can't. That's why so many Moms mourn when they become empty nesters. But God uses our wisdom (His foolishness) to raise up kingdom citizens for Himself in spite of us! Don't be too hard on yourself, Belinda! Just teach them to love the Lord with their whole heart, treasure His Word and sing with them. Oh yes, and most importantly converse with them every minute of every day. Tell them what being a kingdom citizen means to you, and your efforts will be amply blessed! Praying for Micah. He and I will share an emotionally tough month of April (I have some serious health concerns at the moment too). With warm greetings, Thea H.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment