No title today! (:

This past week, we took Josiah in to the hospital for a follow up on his foot. We are so excited to report that it's completely healed! When he found out that it was healed he told me that, " I don't get excited about small things. But big things like going to the museum or getting my boot off is very exciting. So I am very excited!" He makes me laugh. He is very much like Ken and Josh. When Ken is happy or excited, we just get a smile or "I am so thankful." or "That is so great." I am more of a, "WHAT?!!! SERIOUSLY?? THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!", smile really big, a jump up and down, laugh and maybe even throw in a little squeal kind of person. You will know it. Sometimes I want to say to them, "Really? That's all you've got?" I can't really relate to those boys in that way. (:

We have been feeling yuck in this house for the last month. We have had sinus cold after bug after chest cold. Micah has not felt well for at least 8 weeks and he just can't put his finger on it. He has a cold, but I think it affects him differently than everyone else. It's one of those months that I would like to get him a body scan just to make sure that everything is ok. The kids are getting fresh air and we are eating healthy on the whole, so I don't know why we can't shake it. Even though it's small stuff, it's a little discouraging. Ken has been in school for the past 2 weeks doing 2 - 1 week courses. But on Monday his semester starts. It would be so nice if he could have some zip by then and not be dragging. It will come. It's got leave our house eventually! (:

For you Canadians...... We got bills for Josiah's past hospital visits yesterday. The one bill was $412. This was for an XRAY and a temporary wrap. Then next one was for $1016 and was for a 1 hour visit. They looked over the xray and put on his boot. His boot was a separate $200.00 charge. (We do have travel insurance that we pray will cover that $1600. They just don't cover the follow up yesterday. We are hoping it will be minimal! (: )

The health care is awesome. It's smooth and organized. You don't have to walk across the hospital for an xray. 7 minutes later it's up on the screen in your exam room and 7 minutes later you are on your way. Really it's amazing. They even have valet parking at the Children's Hospital. It sounds silly, but what a blessing that would have been during treatment before they had the parking garages and we had to park in the snow and the rain kinda far away, especially when we were weighed down with care and were so exhausted in every way. But the cost is insane. On one hand I love how things are done here, on the other hand I can see how it could be unattainable cost wise.It makes me thankful for my Canadian healthcare. Maybe we need a mix of the two systems? (:

I came across this post on joy this morning.  Here is a little excerpt:

"A joy filled-heart makes a joy-filled home, because joy flows from the inside out, not the outside in. Joy is a choice, and it is such an easy thing to choose. Why, then, is it also such a hard thing to choose?"

It's just what I needed!  You? (:




Comments