Some picture of our last week/ Micah turns 12

Today I have some pictures to share. We just had Micah's birthday. He is 12 and it's very exciting. 12 is way older than 11. It just is!

We are beginning our 'even' year. Micah first turns 12. In April Josh turns 16, Natalie 10 and Siah 8. In June Grace turns 4. I think it's fun that all of our kids are all odd or all even. I think I say that every year! (:

Here is a picture of Grace and her new kitty slippers. She is thrilled. It's the small things! Excuse her mis-match reds. In person, they looked much closer! (O:


They just suit her so well. They remind me of her! ( :



The kids always get a choice of whether we make the cake or buy the cake. It's special either way. Micah picked a Meijer cake. It's nice that you don't have to order them. They are just sitting there waiting to be chosen. This year he chose a marble. It looked good !(:




I love that he still likes the house decorated. We always decorate after they go to bed the night before, so they wake up to something fun. This year he requested streamers hanging down! (: He looks so big in this picture. He is really filling out!


I usually try to take some picture of all the kids on the birthdays, but I didn't do any of that this year. We were thrown off because supper was late. The crockpot was shut off, so our night was running late! (: In the morning, Natalie took a picture of Micah and I. It's a little fuzzy, but it does the job.


See Grace's hands? When she is excited, while she is talking she moves her hands funny. It's cute !(:  These are the two that take after me in looks and personality. The other boys are Ken's boys and Natalie is a solid mix of the two of us. It makes me smile! 




Grace was so scared of the sparklers. When I look at this picture I can just hear Ken trying to reassure her. Natalie was the same way when she was little. She loved the excitement, but as soon as they were lit she would cry. Good thing she has a good daddy to sit with! (:






We thank the Lord every time one of our kiddies has a birthday. It's exciting and truly a blessing that the Lord has given them another year. But we thank the Lord in a different way on Micah's birthday. It's not a huge outward show. It's quiet. But our whole family knows and feels it. It's a miracle. We are also so thankful that the heaviness in our hearts that we experienced on his past birthdays is gone. The Lord has completely lifted the fear and wondering and has replaced it with pure joy. Beautiful.

Here are some boring snow pictures. This is just what I see when I look out my door. We have to document this to remember this brutal storm. The roads were so icy and Josh got two snow days out of the deal. We had lots of snow last year, but I don't remember the roads being so brutal. Give me thick slush anytime as opposed to sheets of ice! Just imagine this - It's supposed to rain today. Craziness! (O: What a shift in weather. I sure hope it doesn't cause flooding. It's kinda strange to be discussing weather on the blog! (:




As Grace would say.... "Ne End!" (Don't wince Ann, we are working on it! She is doing super well. Haha! (O:)

Comments