Cray cray....

Even though at times we do miss our family, friends and our church family, the kids and I often talk about the fact that we are living in the US. It's something we could have never predicted. But it's also something we never thought we would enjoy so much. One of my kids told me the other day that he wouldn't have cried so much when we moved if he knew how good it would be. That makes me happy. It was a time of such upheaval for the kids and to hear that they like it here and will miss it when we leave, makes me extra thankful.

It's hard to put my finger on why we enjoy it so much. I think the biggest reason is that this is where our family is.  Home is where we are all together. It just is. Secondly, there is always peace when you are where the Lord wants you to be. 

There are also some fun things that we enjoy....
  • We drive much faster! I like driving fast.
  •  I love my house. No for real, I loooooooove my house. It makes my day to day much easier. There is a place for everything with lots of space left over. We are so thankful for God's provision. 
  • We love that the kids are involved with Cadets and Gems across the street. We have a little community there and it's special.
  •  I like cheap milk. Yep. I do. 2.67 a gallon makes me giggle. So does butter at 1.77 at pound. I think I will struggle with the prices back in Canada if that is where the Lord brings us.
  • I love the downtown. When we drive to church or to the seminary we go right past/through the downtown on the highway. It's bea-u-ti-ful.
  • I love the cultural diversity
  • I like Aldi and Meijers. (Target is not really as exciting as everyone thinks! (: )
  • In Canada the re-po man never visited the neighbors. (:
BUT I LOVE the new words the kids come home with. Sneakers or sneaks is probably my favourite. Then comes cray cray. That is not an American word per se. It's more of a ghetto word that means crazy. Po Po is the next. That is a name for the police. If Grace sees a police car, she will yell, “Look MOM, the Po Po!” The kids have tried to teach her, “RUN!!! It's the Po Po!”  They also tried to teach her, “Giiiiiiirrrrrl, Oh no you di- intt!!” It didn't catch on. Maybe it's a good thing she doesn't like to say it. She has got the right attitude for the last one. Picture her hips wiggling and her finger wagging. (O: I love the word, jelly. Which is short for jealous. Are people talking like this in Canada?

I am realizing with these words that I would be a good 15 year old. I could totally talk slang. I caught myself thinking in my mind the other week -  “That is toe toe cray cray and I am so jelly.” WHAT. IS. THAT????? I laughed so hard when that sentence was floating in my mind!! (:

I suppose I could be considered cray cray! (O: 

Comments

  1. Hilarious! We do the same thing with slang here. We start off saying it because it sounds funny and it somehow becomes part of our regular vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment