One more....

  • It felt like I just had to tell you all how today went. So here it is! (:
    We felt the prayers this morning. You can feel them you know. It's a wonderful thing.
  • We arrived by 8 and went back around 8:40. Micah's scan didn't start until about 9am and went until 10:20. It was longer than normal. The last 10 minutes were tough for him, but he stuck with it and didn't miss a breath hold. He is such a trouper. 
  • He is big enough to pull off the adult hospital pants. Crazy! (o: 
  • We got our 'scan man'. We were thankful. He loved to see how big Micah has gotten. He is sure that Micah grew 4 inches since he saw him last. Not quite! (:
  • The Lord blessed me personally in a few ways: I didn't encounter any really sick kids or sad moms. It wasn't very busy and that was a huge relief for my heart. Instead, I connected with a mom in Art Therapy from Sarnia, whose daughter was in for a check up like Micah, who also loves the Lord. What an encouragement that was to chat with her. I got to see some people I haven't seen in about year. One was our impatient case manager. She said that seeing Micah and I looking so healthy was yummy! It made me smile! (: I got to chat with Micah's case manager Julie. How I love her. The Lord always takes care of me, but it was a little extra special today! 
  • Micah had a nice time connecting with the Art Therapists. 
  • His check up went well.
  • His next scan will be in 6 months (March-ish).
  • At that time, he will also have his heart checked. He had a drug the first time around that could cause heart issues down the road. So every year, he gets an EKG. 
We are all exhausted. It was a good day, but it was so tiring. We are all ready for bed! We are thankful for the Lord's strength and sustaining grace today.



Comments