So thankful...

I read Mark 1 the other morning and read that Jesus healed a woman and many who came to Him.

Mark 1:29-34 ESV "And immediately he left the synagogue and entered the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.  Now Simon's mother-in-law lay ill with a fever, and immediately they told him about her. And he came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them.  That evening at sundown they brought to him all who were sick or oppressed by demons. And the whole city was gathered together at the door.  And he healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons.

The subject of healing is something that is very real to us.  We experienced that healing in such a special way. The Lord didn't heal Micah with one touch, but used a man to cut the cancer out against all human odds.

Different method. Same result. Same awe.

As this scan approaches, my heart is a little cautious and overwhelmed. I am tender and find myself mourning with those who mourn and aching with those who ache more than usual.

I was doing dishes and was listening to one of the Christian radio stations. They have a thing called a day sponsor. I believe these people give money to support the ministry that day and are able to put a message on the radio. Sometimes it's to commemorate an adoption or an anniversary or birthday. Today, it was in memory of someone. A mom told us that they lost their girl, Hannah last year after an 11 month fight with Rhabdo. (That is Micah's cancer.)

 At first I wanted to fall on the floor and cry in pain for 2 reasons. I ached for that mama having to give her girl back to God so early, but it also hit close to home for me. That family could have been us. After my first gasp and pain in my heart, I was hit with gratitude beyond words; Micah is here with us. As much as I ache for hurting families and wonder right now what Micah's scan will show, I am equally overwhelmed by God's goodness and mercy to us, not only for what He has done to save us from our sins, but God let us keep Micah, when no one thought it was possible. Thank you, thank you Lord.

The mom on the radio quoted Revelation 21:4 (in bold). It's one of my favourite verses of all time. I can't wait for that day. It is also such a beautiful comfort for those who have lost loved ones who are in the Lord. We will see them again. One day it will all end and we will be at the feet of Jesus.

 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,  and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”  And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”  And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

What a day that will be.




Comments

  1. It will be a wonderful, glorious day! I really can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment