Scan date and a Helloooo!

Oh, Hello! (:

I haven't missed blogging at all this summer. We have been out and about and enjoying our time together. But now I am excited to get back to it all!

Micah has a scan in less than a month. On Monday, Sept 9th, he and I are zipping to London. Since we are renting a car, I am hoping to make the round trip in less than 24 hours. We will see if we can make that work! (: His scan and checkup are on the Tuesday morning.  I am so thankful that we are so close geographically to London. It would have made things much harder having to think about moving his medical care to the US. Stability in this area is so important yet for our family.

I often thank the Lord that Micah does not dwell on what was, what could have been and what could be. It truly is a gift. Ken and I have our times of wondering what the Lord has planned for our family, but are so sure that His plan is perfect. That knowledge will not make walking through a trial any less painful, but it is something so sure to rest in. 

Ken giving Grace a ride. She is wearing her pwincess shoes! (:

We have been here for a year and 21-ish days. I can't believe how fast it has gone. We were going to take a picture of our family on our front steps on moving day - July 20 and compare it to how our family looked last year on that day. But we were in St Thomas on that Saturday. We should take it yet, even though it's a month late. My Dad's brother was killed in a motorcycle accident and his funeral was that day. Sad.

We went to the zoo on dollar admission day. We ate lunch out in the park! Siah was trying so hard to get Grace to look. He just couldn't understand how hard it was! (:


Nothing has really changed this past summer. Ken has been working on his school on and off for a bit. He is ready to get back into the trenches. Josh is ready for school. His backpack and uniform shirts are bought! (: The kids and I have been plugging away at a bit of school here and there. They have done about 16 lessons each of math. It's all review, so it's not a huge deal if we only do a few lessons a week.

This picture makes me smile. She is such a little ragamuffin. She is part girly girl and the other part loves to get dirty.


Grace is growing in leaps and bounds. She is dry during the day except at nap times. During the night she is still wet, but she is coming along. Her speaking is improving greatly and she can pedal her tricycle. She knows 94 percent of her letter sounds, but she still can't do her colors. Funny girl! It's all working up there, it's just taking a little time to put it all into practice. She is teaching me some things! (:

I am fighting with the thoughts of Grace getting older. There was a time that I couldn't wait for my kids to be all toilet trained, reading, writing, riding their bikes and independent. That is still there, but as it comes closer, I am realizing that it's forever. No kidding! I know! But once they get older, that's it. There is no getting them back. I never ever thought that would make me sad. I want to be able to kiss her little chubby cheeks and feel her little hands in mine forever. I want to watch her dance with crazy abandon in 6 years still and hear her call Micah, Mikey. I Will. Not. Be. Sad!!! I will just work hard at soaking it in now. The next stage of having "all big kids", will have it's upside too. (:

I woke up to this one morning. It doesn't look like much of a picture. But it's a memory of the little people I love. Just look at them! (: Josh missed it. This was 8am. He doesn't see 8 am, unless I wake him up! (:


The crew looking at something at the zoo. (o:


The next door neighbor moved away and couldn't take his net with him, so he gave it to the boys. WOWSA. They were grinning with delight. What a sweet gift. We all love it.


Lately I am in awe of my sovereign God and what He has done for me. I am reading a book called, Women Counseling Women. It's book with 20 contributors, but the general editor is Elyse Fitzpatrick. I identify with the message of her writing, but I also connect with her blunt writing and speaking style. I kind of get her. I think she could be my friend! haha. Anyways, in the first part of the book she wrote this paragraph...

"All you need is Jesus Christ and Him crucified. This is a hard truth; it isn't tidy. It doesn't caress our egos or feed are self-esteem. Christ's crucifixtion for our sin in not a fluffy concept. But it's the only medicine that will cure the human heart. We don't need fluff. We need life-transforming truth. He is the truth we need because all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Him. He's the gold mine. He's the treasure. His life, death and resurrection are all you need."

Nice huh? Listen to the beauty in those words. Everything is in Him. He did it for us. It's done. It's all grace.



Comments

  1. Great update, Belin! I like the new picture at the top of the blog, too. Glad Grace is 'getting' potty training. I LOVE being diaper free - woo hoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, you have no idea who I am :) somehow I got here via some of my nieces in the Penning family. I'm an transplanted Canuck but have lived in US for over 30 years and remember the trips back to Ont to visit family. I so enjoy reading your blog. I;m a cancer survivor - have been cancer free for 8 years - yes, even 8 yrs later I still hyper ventilate when my appt comes up. Anyway, wanted to comment on your statement of how you can't imagine life without little ones and encourage you a bit. I home schooled our 10 kiddoes and the thought of not having little ones running around was almost intolerable. However, God is so faithful(what an epiphany huh?) and now that we are empty nesters I have discovered that this stage of life also is just fine! Grand kids come to visit, the unmarrieds are in and out and life is just as full and wonderful as when all of them were safe under 1 roof. Just different... those little pudgy hands and kissable cheeks will become strong men and women who will bring friendship and joy into your life and along with them will come little ones for you to hug and cuddle - God is amazing. kind and always faithful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment