Little girl...

I don't want to forget......(Written Feb 22 2013)
This post got lost in my drafts, but I still want to publish it. I should do a new one already. She has grown up so much since then.

The way Grace goes into the little bathroom on the main floor and closes the door and starts yelling because she likes the echo.

How she dips a fry in ketchup, takes a little bite and then dips again. She dips and nibbles each fry about five times until it's teeny tiny.

How she puts her hand under my chin to make sure I am looking at her and then pats my head to tell me she loves me. Melt me into a biiig puddle....

How she stands at the top of the stairs in the morning and says, "MOMMMMYYYY! ME!", as if I am supposed to be surprised that she is making an appearance.

How she is a puzzle maniac and says each time she goes to put a piece in, "Where? OH Here!".


How she runs to Josh and Nads and literally leaps into their arms.

How she is starting to talk more and pokes me and says, "Mom, woooook, me!" Then she twirls! (:

How she cups her hands around her mouth to call, "Buuuuunnnnnnyyyyyyyy".

How she sighs when I tuck her into bed.

How I can't find jeans to fit her sweet little waste.

The feel of her still dimpled fingers on the side of my face.

How she asks for something by saying, "Have? Pees?".

The next two are naughty and we are working on both of them and discipline her accordingly. But she makes me laugh. When I am speaking to her firmly and I have her face in my hands and I try to get her to look at me, she looks up, down and sideways until I can hardly see the brown of her eyes!

When we tell her to come and she doesn't want to she drops her shoulders. Her face sags and she does a "Ooohhhhhhh!" The tone of her voice even goes down along with her face and shoulders.  It is like we are asking her to give up bunny forever. She just looks forlorn! (O:

How she sits on my hip and puts her arms around my neck and lays her head of my shoulder. She was never naturally cuddly. She is now seeing value in showing love.

How when I am changing her diaper she looks at the butterflies on her walls and says, "Welwoe, (Yellow), Boo (Blue)", and repeats it over and over as she looks at the wall and points. 

That when she she says "spider" at the table, we all start singing the Eensey Weensey Spider song on top of our lungs complete with actions. It tickles her.

We love this girl. She is special.

Comments

  1. I have a 2 1/2 year old that has the same naughty habits, it is cute and something you have to laugh about after the fact

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I love love this. You are smart to write it all down. She is so sweet and so grown up compared to the picture in your sidebar. I love her pin straight hair... It is lovely! I wish I knew her better - she sounds like a gem and someone that Jacob would get along with :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment