A Hello.....

It has been such a long time since I have really sat down to write on my blog.  A few people have asked where I went and how things are going, so I thought I would let you know! (o:

First, Connie, you left a comment on my last blog post asking for an update on Mike Maartense. Here is a link that will give you up to date information on him. His wife usually posts every evening. You do have to put your email address and a password in to log in. If you have trouble, just email me (belindapennings@live.com) and I will gladly send you updates. Sorry I didn't see the comment until now, so you couldn't tell your bible study ladies.  )O: Here is the link: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/MichaelMaartense/updates/3470992?client_code=spectrumhealth&ipc=mur

If you haven't been praying for the Maarense family, please do. The Lord has been near to them and has given them strength and a beautiful testimony of His grace, but that sure doesn't take away the pain of the situation. What a difficult road the Lord has given that family.

We are starting to feel really at home here. It has become 'ours'. I just know that God is giving us beautiful peace and contentment where He has put us. It is a gift from His hand.

The snow has been INCREDIBLE here. It reminds me of when I was little. The snow has been pretty deep at times in the last weeks. The kids are really enjoying sliding (sledding (o: ) and playing in the big huge hills in our parking lots. It's been great! It's nice that they are older now too! They can get themselves ready and just do it by themselves.



Ken is working hard at school and is enjoying it. God is blessing him in his studies.

My mom and sister came last week. I picked Tori and little Jack up in Kalamazoo on Monday morning. They took the train. My mom came on Wednesday and they went home on Thursday. It was so fun to have them here. I can't wait until they come back! (o:

For a treat one Friday night, Ken took the kids to a car show at the Van Andel! They had a great time! They are getting so big aren't they? (o:


At home, the kids are thriving and making so much progress. This is the best school year we have had in years. I am loving it and it has renewed my passion for homeschooling. I have always been at peace with schooling the kids. Some day we may put all of the kids in school, but I know that this is what God is asking of me right now. It is such a blessing when things go smoothly and I see progress. It makes it more of a pleasure, rather than a chore. I suppose I should qualify that not all days are smooth. Some days are tough! I am just looking at the big picture! (o:

Since the big boys had an outing with Ken, I got to take the other two out for a date. Siah picked McDonalds for a happy meal and some play time. We also played Kaboodle (a card game) at the table. He loved it! Naddie picked the mall to look for some flip flops for the summer! I didn't take any pictures. I wish I would have. She had a great time too! I love spending one on one time with the kids.


We are really starting to feel at home at church. I would say this was hardest thing for us when it came to moving. I was most sad to leave our church family. There are still Sunday mornings that I would love to walk into our St Thomas church, but walking into the GR church  has become very comfortable.  I AM SO THANKFUL. It makes me kind of giddy thankful. We see over and over again how the Lord is providing for us.

Natalie loves to try to copy things. I think it's so cute. (O:


Josh is doing well in school. He has come to the point where he has adjusted to being in school. I think it took a bit because of the fact that it was his first year of school and on top of that we just moved to a new city. He didn't have the benefit of going to school in a community that was familiar. I have got some ideas watching Josh adjust on how to make it easier for the other kids when it is their time. When you homeschool, you can't recreate a school enviroment, but there are certain things we can do to make it an easier transition. Poor Josh got to be my experiment! (o:

Grace is really growing and is learning to talk more. I am thrilled about that. It has been a slow process. She makes us all smile every day. She is so quirky. What a gift she is! (o:


The End. (o:

Comments

  1. Nice to have an update, Belinda! I love just "seeing" you guys in normal life :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment