Some paragraphs and some pictures...

We have had a few days of snow here. It is so beautiful! It took me a few days to get my "driving feet" under me!  (o;

Josh was 'hired' by the church across the street to keep the front of their church shovelled. You see that truck in the parking lot? It does our driveway. Nice! (o:


Ken started his new semester this week. It's hard to believe how fast things are going. We really enjoyed having him home. For the last few weeks, he has spent most of his time in his office working ahead for his courses. What a blessing that time was for him and we still had him here! I am still learning not to interrupt him. It's so tempting, he is RIGHT there! I am still a little kid in some ways! (o:


Yesterday, I FINALLY found my crockpot and coffee maker. We have been here for 6 months and I couldn't find them anywhere.  How do you lose such big things? Well, I found them in a tote that had camping stuff on the top. I figured it couldn't be in there, because I packed in such a beautifully, organized way! (o: I am especially thankful I found my crockpot! (o: 

Don't these look weird? Ken got them from the pantry on Tuesday. We get lots of fun things that we would never buy.. Know what? They are sooooo good. You should try them! Dip them in syrup. You will not regret the bad for you factor! (o:


From Siah the other day:

How many brain cells do you start with?
Can you get the ones back that you lose from playing the computer?
Can I run out?
Does God control the brain cells and the brain cells control you?
My brain cells got down into my arms, when my brain tells my arms to move, so they are not in my brain to help me at that second when I need them. Maybe that is why I act weird and forget what I am saying sometimes! 

He thinks a lot and makes me smile. 

Josiah loves these! He was a happy boy when Ken brought them home on Tuesday!


Grace is starting to talk more and we are so thankful. She is finally starting to put a few words together. We are working on her letters and I am being intentional in the times that I spend with her. I like it. 


The one word she can't get down AT ALL, is MICAH. It is a hard name. Siah called him Pa (he couldn't say cah) for a long time. I think that she is least closest to him and he is the one who wants her love the most. When she finally agrees to hug him, he melts into a puddle. I encourage him not to give up. She will soften eventually. Last night, we were sitting at the table and she was pointing at everyone and saying their names. When she got to Micah, she called him Josh. The poor guy, doesn't even have his own identity with her!

In April, Nancy Leigh DeMoss is coming to Hudsonville. That is only fifteen minutes from my house!  I am so excited to be going to an evening with her on the Thursday night and on Friday I am gong to watch her record one her Revive our Hearts segments. It's also neat that it costs nothing. I have never made it a Revive our Hearts conference and I know it's not the same, but it will still be fun! (o:

My new favourite pencil! (o:


My boys on Micah's birthday! I love these guys. They are all 4 years apart! (o:



Some links for you:

I have mentioned Scott and Jen Koopman and their babies. Jen just started a new blog, to keep us updated on their family. You can find it HERE.

I have been reading THIS blog  for the last little while and have been blessed. I especially liked her 30 day series on parenting.

Please keep the Dedert family in your prayers as they bring Calvin home.

That's all for now! (o;

Comments