Thankful for His many gifts....

We are in St Thomas for awhile! (o: The trip went well, except for the closure on the 402 because of a protest. I don't think people should be able to walk down the middle of a major highway. That is just irritating. I don't think it will help their cause either! Just my humble opinion! (o:

We are thankful to be here. We have a few kids who aren't feeling well. It is a little hard to not be in our home and be up through the night. But I know that it's small stuff. It's nothing a nap, some patience, and contentment can't fix! (o: 

What a beautiful gift the Lord has given us in sending His Son to earth. I heard a sermon this morning about the fact that our lives need to be a "Hallelujah from head to toe!" I love that. It makes me smile and is such an encouragement! 

This morning, I was thinking about the fact that Christmas is not only a time that we celebrate Christ's birth, but it is also a time that families get together and enjoy each other. It made me think of years in the past that we wondered if that Christmas or birthday would be the last we celebrate as a full family. I remember crying through prayers at Ken's parents, as one of the guys prayed for Micah and our family and thanked the Lord that we were all together. I cried with thankfulness, but also with sadness, wondering if this would be the last one.  Those thoughts and feelings ARE far from the surface now. We may think about it, but it is fleeting. I am so thankful.

It is true that Micah could relapse, and at times we do struggle and hurt, but it's different now, not only because he has been healthy for 2 years and our hearts are healing with the time that passes,  but I think we have a greater understanding of who God is and we have lived, being upheld by His hand. We have faith and we trust that He will never let us go. I am not saying it's easy or that we never fail and take our eyes off of His promises.....It's just different now. It's hard to explain. My words aren't adequate!

This line of thinking makes me ache for the families who have lost members, especially children in the last year. They are having family time with such a hole.There must be such an empty space. There are also families who have just received news in the last days that there is nothing the Doctors can do for their kids. It makes me sad and ache for them. It also makes me so thankful for the gift that the Lord has given us! He gave His Son for us, but He also let us keep ours.

Praise be to His name!







Comments

  1. Hi Belinda
    I'm just wondering how those little twins are doing from scott and jen. Would you be able to give me an update? Think of them often, and wondered how they are doing. Thanks
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    Mayelle is home and doing well! Owen is still in the hospital. He has been struggling. He needs to have another surgery. I am pretty sure it`s this Wednesday. What a hard road they are walking. Thanks so much for asking and keeping them in your prayers!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment