The Lord's goodness to Kate McRae..... It's beautiful!

I started to link this POST on facebook, but I felt this so hard, it almost seemed careless to put it on facebook.

It makes me weep with joy for Kate and her family, that God is showing His mercy, grace and power to them, just like He did to us. There are 3 paragraphs, where she put her thoughts and feelings into words that I could never find. Reading these words make Ken and I teary because it is like she read our hearts. We 'know' these words.

She is a beautiful writer.

Holly McRae's words...

18 months ago we were told there was little to no chance she would survive this second fight with cancer. We had known from the beginning we had one chance to beat it. Then it returned. A deep grief seemed to accompany the fear that our days could be short. We were well aware that recurrent, metastatic cancer oftentimes doesn't respond to treatment. This form in particular is a deadly beast. 

Daily a deep grief seemed to inch its way through my soul. The emotional agony of anticipating the potential days ahead left me with an overwhelming longing for the days before this monster. It seemed death was coming and I could do nothing but watch and weep. 

So to sit on this side, a year and a half later and see smiles all around the room as the words "no evidence of recurrent tumor" flutter across the paper in front of me, is quite humbling. God in His mercy, not deserved, not earned, showing mercy for my sweet little girl. I wonder if my heart could ever be the same after a taste of that. I hope not. I hope not!



Do continue on and click on the link to read the whole post. It tells of more blessings from the Lord.

To God be all honor and glory given! He is a perfectly mighty, powerful, loving, just, kind and sovereign God. I am so thankful I am His.

Comments