How we are..... (o:

I have had many people ask me lately how we are doing living way over here in MI. So I thought I would just do a little mass 'how we are'. (o:

We are adjusting super duperty well to our house. God provided more than we could imagine. Not only do we have a warm, cozy and roomy house, but we have things that are so fun! I am growing very fond of our 3rd story, garbage disposal, laundry shoooooot, sprinkler system and delightfully roomy rooms! (o: It makes my day to day life much easier having space.

Siah and Grace are quite close. They are 4 years apart, but they work well together. She loves watching Siah play the computer. I didn't get a good one before she saw me. She had the same expression as Siah and was leaning close to him with her hands wrapped  tighter around him. Seriously lovie!  Please excuse her after supper looking shirt and Siah's half ready for bed appearance. It was the end of one of those days! (o:

I finally understand all the highways. I can get anywhere now without a problem. The week before this one,  in order to make things work, I had had to drop Ken and Josh off at school and pick them both up because of Ken's school schedule. I decided on Tuesday to try to skip the highway and cut through the streets. The next day I tried a different way.  I wanted to wing it without a map. Both days I had to pull out the map. I went in so many circles that I didn't even learn anything! (o:  The second time, I heard this from the back seat: "Moooom? I think we need a GPS!" Haha. No way I say! I am realizing that my direction is really off. I often pick the wrong way. Maybe I should always just go the opposite way I think! I will figure out the twists and turns. It's kind of fun! (o:

I have to say one more thing about driving that really makes me laugh. I am not saying poor driving is American. It could be attributed to bigger city driving. People run red lights, tail gate like nuts, don't turn their lights on, cut you off in a big way, stop in the middle of the road on a road that is Wellington Rd (in London) busy to wait for someone who is across the street to get in... Seriously nuts. But the one thing that is rather consistent is stopping behind the white line. I think even the crazy ones do it. At least they follow one rule! It just seems odd to follow that one so carefully and not others! (o; I always notice it, because I am not a great white line stopper. (o;

I have this 7 candle holder. I don't love having candles lit with kids around, so I found these light candles at the dollars store. I was just trying them and only bought 2. Grace had the onion out of the fridge and was playing with it. She noticed that the inside looked like the candles, so she put them in. I left them there for a few days. It made me smile! 

Homeschooling is fabulous. It's the first time in a few years that I am relaxed and things are going so well. I think part of the reason is that I am not as busy. I don't have as many responsibilities. What a blessing it is to be able to home with my kids and teach them from the Word and the others stuffage they need to know. I don't take it for granted!

Josh is doing well in school. It was quite an adjustment for him in many ways. Although Josh likes school, is making new friends and enjoys his teachers, he finds the school day very long and busy. He did report that the days are starting to feel shorter. At Zion, they have 8 classes a day with a 2five minute lunch. There is not much time to relax.  But we are so sure this is the right school for us. The school is Christ centered and we are very pleased with things so far. I am so thankful Josh is in school. It was time. It is so good for him in so many ways. The boy is getting old! It's hard to believe!

Grace and her little friends having a meal! (o: 

Ken is adjusting to the busy pace of seminary. He is feeling very at home at school and is very thankful to be learning under these men. He also thinks it's great fun to go to school with international students. They bring such a different perspective and many are such great personalities! (o: We pray everyday that God will use what he is learning for His service to further His kingdom. It makes us excited wondering where God would like to use Ken.

GR has become our normal, but every once in a while I look up and am amazed at where God has brought us. Sometimes I will blurt out, "HEY Ken! We are in Grand Rapids MI. Crazy eh!" (o: In a few weeks, it will have been a year since we visited the seminary on a Friday morning. Ken had been feeling God's leading to seminary for a long time. But it has been a year now that we felt the pull to Puritan. We are very blessed how God has worked everything out so perfectly.

Micah and his friend. He loves bugs! He is the only one of the kids that will pick them up. 

Life is good and we are thankful. We are content and at peace, sitting here in the centre of God's will. But  we still miss our family and friends from St Th.  Sundays are still very hard. We miss our church family. Although we are starting to feel more at home here, our roots are deep and strong  in St Thomas and especially in the church. So we are not surprised that we miss it, but know that God will give us peace in this area as well.

We had a bed change around in our house. Nads and Grace love sleeping together and it wasn't working in the single bed. Ken and I were finding our  queen was getting a little small. So we gave it to the girls. They love it.!  It will be also good when we have over night visitors!  I love coming into their room and tucking them and their dolls in at night. It brings joy to my heart. God has truly blessed us with these little ladies. Ken and I made a frugal mans king with 2 singles that we had already. My sister in law told me about that. What a fabulous idea! We finally have a big enough room to do it! So fun! (O:


So that about sums it up!

I just have to say one more thing. I am excited for the Luiting and Vanderveen families today. Amy and Kevin are getting married in St Thomas. Wedding days are one of the days I miss not being the caretaker. I had to be at all the weddings. I liked that! Amy is my sister's age. It is amazing that all those little girls are almost all married. Time is marching on! (o:

Comments

  1. Great update, Belinda! So thankful "things" are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Belinda, I love your made up words. They are awesome. Stuffage was my favourite.
    Thanks for the update. SO glad things are going well for you. Our God is faithful and kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...I liked 'stuffage' as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment