Some pictures/Art Prize

Here are some pictures from the last little bit.....

Natalie and Josiah all ready for church this past Sunday. I can't believe how old Natalie looks!






Grace loves bagels with cream cheese. If I remember correctly, this was the left overs from Nads breakfast.




Grace will lay on the comfy carpet for a long time threading the end of the skipping rope from end to end!


We don't normally eat fruit loops for breakfast. We often get them from the pantry and the kids get them for a snack. She got them out of the cupboard and tried to pour herself a bowl. She was fine with the outcome!


Four or five times we went downtown for something called Art Prize. It was an art competition with over five hundred thousand dollars in prizes. The winner got 200.000. There was a prize for the one the art critics liked the best. But I am pretty sure it was the popular vote (anyone could vote) that got the 200 thousand. There are thousands of entries displayed throughout the downtown in stores, restaurants, De Vos place and on the street. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! One night I put the two littles to bed and the 3 oldest and I went downtown. We got a prime parking spot and walked. Since I don't have a great camera and it was night, the pics aren't too clear, but these were some of our faves. I honestly can't wait until next year! (O:

I love these three. I haven't noticed how much they have grown. I have to cherish this time.



Ken's favourite....



Downtown is so beautiful!



One of my favouites....




Nad's favourite...




The picture collections were nice. The pictures don't do them justice. One was named, "The Least of These" I think it was the second picture. It was stunning. I should have gone back and looked at these again!




The next 2 are a few of my faves. I am coming to conclusion that for the most part I like real. These pictures don't look that big in my pics, but they are at least 8 feel across.


This one was amazing!!!! It was a painting, but if you look closely, you will see squares. Each square looked like it was painted with a flat thing. Something you would put puddy on the wall with to fill holes. This one was floor to ceiling. I loved it!


Take a second and look at this one. He is painting the horse in his painting. How smart is that?? (o:


We were just about done here. Each art piece had it's picture on a card with their number, so you could vote! Micah and Nads took a card from all the ones they liked. They like a lot of them! (o;

I guess, I have been saying this a lot. But this one melted me. It is made out of tile. I identified with this little creature! (o:


Comments

  1. Very cool pieces! I love that one with the hands; there are so many stories in those hands! They're all really neat though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment