First Day and all that!

First day, first day.... (o:

It's so cute to look on facebook and see all the first day school pictures. I wonder how many bus drivers make sure they look extra spiffy today because the know their pictures will be taken roughly 37 times! (O:

We have been schooling at home for a week already and Ken has been in school for a week too. So really Josh is the only one having his first day. 

Last night, Ken and Josh went to east GR (the pretty part), for coffee. They had a nice time out to chat and just spend one on one time.  It's so good for them to do that. 

Josh packed his pack last night and made sure his clothes were ready. Getting up at 7 for him is an accomplishment in its self! He is not a get up kind of guy. When we schooled at home I had to drag him out at 8. 

He was nervous this morning, but still had some smiles. We prayed together as a family and I hugged my boy so tight. I cried, but tried to be a big girl especially since I already cried last night about it. 

It's not that I think it's wrong thing that he going. It is so right. My heart is not hurting. I am really excited. The fact is, it is another thing is changing. I am officially done schooling him at home. It is time. But it also reminds me that I pretty much have 4 more years with him. Time is flying and there is so much to teach to him. He is on his way to being a man. I know that sounds dramatic, but it's so true. It won't be long until he is off. 14 turns to 18 pretty quickly. Also, I just am a mom who hopes that he has to enough to eat, has all he needs, finds a best friend the first day and feels at peace about not being with his St T. friends. (o: 

I love that boy. 

Anyways, I have to get back to work. 

A few picks from the last days....

Finishing his reading while I started lunch.
My laundry room. I love it. It's so spacious and easy to keep clean. I fold my wash on the floor in front of the washer. (o:


After it's folded I put the piles on the ironing board and the kids come and get their piles. Ohhh I forgot to take a pic of the laundry shoot. It's so cool. Next time.
From the door. The closet at the far end has all our camping stuff in it. To the left of it is the bathroom. 

It's a 70's bathroom and it's soooo ugly,  but we looooove it. (o: Everyone showers down here, it feels like a power washer. Seriously it's amazing. We don't need fancy. It just needs to be able to be cleaned well and it needs to be functional and it is fits both criteria. 

Ken and the kids went hill sledding yesterday. 



I found this last night when I went to tuck them in. Grace had taken Nads bed, so Nads took the blankets off both their beds to make her bed on the floor and then covered Grace with a towel. It made me laugh. I had to get it before I moved them into their beds. We really need to get them a double bed. They would love to sleep together.


Comments

  1. Love Natalie's doll! It's so cute! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a baby be blessed doll. It has her name, a date and a bible verse we picked for her on the tummy. I have been meaning to take a pic of the tummy and put it on my blog. I will do it this week. Grace has one too. We got them for their birthdays this year.

      Delete
  2. Hope you didn't cook lunch in that pot beside Josiah's feet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment