Thank you and take a look at Siah!

First, thank you all for your love and prayers. You are truly a gift. My heart was aching yesterday, but God lifted my deep, dark sadness. For that I am thankful.

Today, Ken was at the seminary for the finish of an amazing conference. He really enjoyed it. Josh even went Thursday and Friday night. So, this morning the kid and I made our beds, had breakfast and set out to walk to a few garage sales in our neighbourhood. Before we could get anywhere, Grandma Hazel appeared at her door waving us in. I seriously thought about going the other way, through the church parking lot. I had a feeling that would happen.

Anyways, we visited, the kids were kind. Grace loves Grandpa Fredrick. He is getting a little senile, but I bet in the day, he was the Grandpa everyone always wanted. He melts me.

The kids went outside after visiting awhile. I found out through our visiting that her grandson died of cancer in the late eighties. I have been meaning to tell them about Micah. It is part of our story, but have been hesitant for a few reasons. First, Micah is always there. Secondly, I don't want them to treat him differently. I have been trying to figure out how wise they are and how they would handle the info. You know?

Just before I could sit down, Micah came racing in and told me that Siah fell off his bike and was bleeding. There was poor Siah on his hands and knees spitting out the blood that was going down his throat. His face was a bloody mess. His knee is quite torn up too. He fell off his bike and landed face first with his hands at his side. I wonder if he didn't have time to react or he just didn't have the common sense to shield himself. I mean that in the most loving way. I just wouldn't be surprised. It's just how he is made! (o:

Now I am usually a "you will be just fine.", kind of mom. But this one put my heart in a puddle. I ran into Grandma's house to tell her I had to go and that I would visit another time. I asked her for a piece of paper towel. As she was handing it to me, she held onto it while I was holding onto it and starting telling me about her 100 year old kitchen table. Really? I tried to be polite as I walked towards the door. (O:

I picked that little, bloody, crying boy up and ran him home. He was actually shaking. He wimpered and shook for an hour with ice on his lips and a bowl to spit in. Awwww..... I finally gave him an ice cream cone, for the cool feeling and the cleansing of the yucky  taste in his mouth.

Sooooo after all that, here the little trouper.



This last picture is a few hours after. His lip has gone down a little, but his cheek has gotten bigger.


I know my boy will be fine. I am little bit of a softy when my kids really get hurt. I am just so thankful that my biggest sorrow today is that Siah is sore. God has given my children health and I don't take that for granted.

I do have to report that Micah has small love handles and some substance to his body. He is not that skinny, bony boy anymore. It is small, but I praise Him for his blessings. He looks so healthy. It has been 5 years since he has been robust.  It makes me smile.

Have a great Lord's Day!

Comments