Our week.

So much has happened this past week.

Most importantly Siah hit 1001 before we left for Canada. He is now at 1,109. I am thinking that he is going to take a break now! He is getting weary.

Picture this one: Micah takes Siah to the bathroom in Tim Hortons in Lapeer, MI. He is standing in the main part of the bathroom. He hears Siah singing, "Wipe, wipe, wipe. lalalalalla. Wipe, wipe, wipe." Now picture a tough guy at urinal looking smug and rolling his eyes. Now picture Micah shrinking a long the wall, trying not to laugh his head off, while at the same time trying to look like he is not with Siah.

Next.... The whole family takes a trip to a thrift store. Our favourite kind of store! (o; We are all done. Ken had gone to the van with some of the kids, while I paid.  Since I lost my wallet, I didn't have ID,  only my debit card and library card. Well, you need ID to use a debit card here sometimes. I know. Weird! So it took long. Well, we got in the van and someone mentioned that Siah wasn't there. It wasn't a huge deal at first. Josh ran into the 2 story store to find him. I figured he had gone to the book section or bike section. Josh came out without Siah. My heart beat a little quicker. So I ran inside. Yes, I ran! I looked around and found him curled up in a comfy chair watching the Grinch movie. He was warm and cuddly. I was firm with him and told him he had to stay with me all the time and pay attention. Mean while, I was thinking how I was the one who left the store without him. hehe. Then he told me that he saw Josh walk right by him earlier. He said it so matter of fact. I asked him why he didn't say anything to Josh. He told me he didn't know that Josh was looking for him. When we got back to the van, Josh was fur-i-ous!!!! Siah lacked wisdom, when he told Josh that he walked right by him. Oh boy!

Can you imagine these things? What a kid!

Onto business...

We finally made it to St Thomas on Thursday night. We were very thankful to have made it safely. We did wait an hour at the border, but it didn't seem that long. We had some good stories on cd to listen to and Grace entertained us by waving and saying hi to all the truckers driving by. 

We saw our house empty for the first time. It was hard and it hurt a little to hear all the saws and see workers coming in and out. That is a downfall to staying at my parents. Our old house is right there. But it is not home anymore. St T really didn't feel like home. I was thankful. It is amazing that we have been gone only 3 weeks and already the feelings are starting to fade. It is truly a blessing from God's hand. 

As most of you know, but just in case someone doesn't... We lived pretty much across the street from our church and my parents lived across from us. When we were walking home from church on Sunday Siah ran into the yard, using our bridge we had over the ditch and went to run into the house. He forgot we didn't live there. He was so surprised when I called him back and reminded him that we don't live there anymore. That hurt my heart a little. 

Church was a whole nother story. Walking into church and into the nursery WAS like coming home. The people, my people were all there. I actually cried the first 10 minutes of church. It was so good to be there, but it hurt me so much.  It caught me off guard, I didn't expect to feel like that. The singing was marvelous and I never realized how light our sanctuary is and that the way we sit in a semi-circle gathered towards the pulpit is very condusive to worshiping together. I sure do miss my church family. 

We did some great visiting. We visited Jarrett and Aileen and Ken's parents and stayed at my parents. I am thinking our extended family and friend time just might be more precious now that we are gone.  Instead of seeing each other all the time and not thinking much of it, we will be spending little time that means a lot. I like that!

We got all our appointments done. Micah- port flush, Josh- physical/blood work for school. Ken- dentist. 
Van-e-test/sticker paid for and stuck on. Health card paper work done. There was more, but I am too tired to remember.

On the way home from St T, on Monday, I lost my wallet at a Tim's in Lapeer. I was so sad when I got home and realized. I cried and cried. I was upset that it was such a careless mistake. I called but they couldn't find it. I am sure I left it on the hood while I watched the kids play. I didn't have our birth certs or passports in there. I am very thankful for that. But everything else was in there including cash. I did cancel all my cards and alerted my back so they could watch for cheques that could be written by someone else. I called the credit report people to put a note on my account to make sure no one applies for credit cards etc. 
It does help that we are in the States. What are the odds someone in the states would want to use Canadian things to do bad things with. They probably don't even know what all the cards are. Seriously. If you disagree with me, don't say it, I don't want to know!!! (o;  

On Tuesday night, it really hit me that my wallet was prime for someone who wants to commit some fraud. It had cheques, things with signatures, drivers liscence number and my SIN number. It put me over the edge. I was mad and I cried and was worried. I treated my family badly. I was a mess. My dear friend called to talk to me about the amusement park we were going to the next day and I chatted about how I was on edge and without realizing it she talked me down! It's wonderful blessing to have godly friends.

We went to an Michigan Adventure yesterday. It was amazing.  It has a HUGE water park with rides as well.  It has tons of slides and 3 wave pools, plus the rides of Canada's Wonderland. Craziness. Jen had free tickets so she took her 2 big kids and I took my 4. Siah had a good time, but he was a few inches too short for a lot of rides. Next year will be better! What a fun day with great friends.

I have more to write, but it will make it too long. Next time! (o:









Comments

  1. Always enjoy reading your blogs!
    We will have to visit sometime when we visit my family in GR.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment