Could you please pray for me today?

It feels odd sending out a prayer request just for me on a day that is not really significant in anyway. But I need it today and am realizing that reaching out to my family in Christ is never a silly thing, even if it feels that way.

I just read something telling about a boy who passed away at 15, after having cancer many times. It hurts me to read this, but I just can't look away.

I saw Christ in this family. Beautiful.

Today it scares me so badly, when I know I need to trust my tomorrows to the One who hold them.

Are we going to be one of those families who has a son who has battled cancer many times and finally God takes him?

It would not be odd statistically for that to happen to our boy. God could have other plans, but these could be His plans.

I know His promises and they are many. But acting on them and knowing them are two different things.  I am letting the cracks in my heart be pried open and be filled with fear and doubt.

Can you please pray today that I would trust God in all things and not fall into this sadness, but hold onto His promises instead?

Thank you. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Praying for you lady!!!!! Will call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wondered how cancer survivors handle that...the specter of a cancer that may return. I thank you for sharing these fears with us too. We, your close friends and family, or like me, just a sister in Christ, will certainly hold you and the rest of family in prayer. I wish more of us had the courage and the honesty to ask for prayer more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Blin :)
    Joni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment