A little bit of life...

This post was written over 2 days. (o:
(Thursday)
Ahhh, it's break time right now, so I sent the kids outside with a snack. I probably should be getting a few things ready for our next hour of school, but it's ready in my mind and I just feel the need to write a little.

Grace after a really goodnight's sleep. She sure needed it! 
I sent Josh to Meijer and to get his hair cut on his bike. He is armed with a 5$ off coupon for a haircut and a save 3$ on 2 bags of lays chips coupon.  Plus they are buy one get one free. That equals really cheap chips. Noooot that we need them, but they are almost free! Hehe. I am starting to get his coupon thing. I went on a website this morning to start getting the hang of the lingo! (o; The reason Josh is going to Meijer is that I am missing one ingredient for tonight's supper and he is not doing school with us! It's handy to have a14 year old that likes to go places.

For those of you who didn't see my facebook status last night, I went to target and got some fabo deals on some food stuffs, but I also found a big white board for 5$. It was on clearance because of a few scratches, which I "sharpied". I have been pining for a white board that size with wood black trim for a while. But it was never in my budget, plus I have one that works just fine. So I scooped it up. I can't decide whether to put it in the dining room to use for school or in the kitchen. I would have to take my big family collage down in the dining room to make it happen. I love it so much, I just might do it! It makes my old white board truly look like  LOOSAH and rather inadequate! (Is it OK to use that word when referring to an object? I think so!)(o: It's the small things really!

A yucky picture of my beautiful white bored. I put it in the kitchen . Makes me giggle! 
Well, it's time to get back to school. That half an hour went too quickly. More later!

Josh is back. 2 bags of Lays for 1.29! Hehe. Delight!

My first great coupon receipt. I also made chicken pot pie with a bisquick crust. yum.
It's now Friday. I have wrinkly fingers at the moment from all the dishes I just did.  I let my house get into shambles the last 18 hours. To be honest, that doesn't really happen often here. I find the layout of this house very easy to keep tidy. It truly is a blessing. This morning I woke a bit late and started changing sheets on the beds instead of doing breakfast with the kids and a shower. I just made a mess! I am finally getting out of it now. It should be all done, just when it will be time to make supper. I may just not make it. Maybe I will send the kids the place down the street that sells 1$ dogs! (o:

Ken's garden. He planted it after July 1. It looks good. The soil is so supple he just worked it up with his hands. What a treat after working with clay with years. 
The back of our house. I was standing at the fence. The top left is Josh's room. The top right is Natalie and Grace's  room. The bottom left is the kitchen and the right, Ken's office. 
 Last night, Josh and I went to his school for orientation. It was an hour that he met some of his teachers and looked in his classrooms. Have I ever told you I am excited for Josh to go to this school? It seems to be a beautiful fit! I know that no school will ever be perfect and I am sure that we will come across things that aren't done how we would please but, I am very thankful to see Christ in all that they do so far. He seems to be the center of this school. Living Christ! Thank you Lord. I also met a dear lady (using the word "lady" seems to indicate old - not so), whose blog I have been reading for a few years. That is kind of beautiful.

The livingroom (from the diningroom) is coming together! (o: I finally like how it  looks. I couldn't figure out how to arrange the furniture! I think I need a square coffee table though! (o;

 I still have an empty spot in the corner on the wall. I have pictures to hang yet, but nothing has told me it needs to go there! (o: 
This weekend, Ken needs to do school work, but we hope to have some family time as well. I am thinking the beach with dunes will be involved. We are not so much sitters on the beach, but climbers.  Also, I think I would like to try to do some baking. I like the idea of baking, but when it doesn't turn out awesome every time it makes me annoyed and then I think it's a waste of time and mess. I promised the kids, because we are less busy that I would bake with them every week. Blah! (o:

The other side of the livingroom. It's so hard to get a picture with good color because of our windows. I like this side too! 
Last corner! I just need to finish filling the shelves! 
Ken came home from school the other day and I saw his eyes shining. He is tired and working hard, but the joy I saw in his eyes for that second brings tears to my eyes again as I think about it. It has been a long time since I've seen that joy. Years. In one of his classes today he gets to see Dr Beeke's collection of original Puritan books..... Ken is excited and I think he is a dork! (o: Hehe!

This looks weird to me! Why does this look odd to you? (o:
Well, Grace is up from her nap, that means I have to vacuum, tidy up the basement, sweep and do wash I have to set Micah up to vacuum, Josh up to sweep, the other two the tidy the basement and I will do wash!  I was hoping she would sleep a little extra today. (o:

Comments

  1. Your updates are always so fun to read! Your house looks wonderful--super tidy!! :-) I am looking forward to the days when my helpers can be sent off to vacuum and sweep (but I am enjoying these days too while I have them). I can't figure out anything funny about the name tag...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy the days when they are older in a different way than you enjoy your days now. Every season has a special joy! (o: The name tag looks odd to us because it says Grand Rapids. Ken was introducing himself as, "Ken Pennings from St Thomas". (o:

      Delete
  2. It may be pathetic that this is going to be the first comment I leave on your blog -and it's about such a random thing - but - I can't help it. I have a little thing (ok, big thing) for decorating and when you mentioned maybe needing a square coffee table, I just wanted to say that my first thought was "nope - you should get a decent sized round one with that layout - no corners for kiddies to run into".
    See? Random.
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying your time in GR so far - and I pray that it only gets sweeter. Those overwhelming, busy times for your husband may be a bit of a norm, but God is so gracious in the midst of the craziness. Trust that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! Hmmmm round. What a grand idea. Just to let you know.... When we are settled again soooommmedaaay, I am calling you to come help me with ideas for my house. I love the way you decorate. I often call Ken over and ask him if he likes what you have done! (O:

      Delete
    2. Jennifer is absolutely correct! Round is good with little kids!! We've had a round one all our married life and no one hit their heads on any corners LOL. Yes, that name tag looks really funny...it should say "St. Thomas". And, don't worry about the walls! We've been in this house for 3 1/2 years and I still don't have anything on my bedroom walls...nothing is hollering at me either to hang it up there LOL! thanks for posting the pics...and, for pictures with that window in the background....try using the flash. That sometimes helps :-). Hugs, Jacqui

      Delete
  3. Oh Belinda. How fun it is to read your posts. Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there! I also love the pictures of her kids :)

      Delete

Post a Comment