A trip to GR and Micah's scan

Today and yesterday were big days.

First today.

Today was scan day. Micah and I were there for 8:30 and were done by 9:30. That was great. I was very thankful. Micah was at peace and only a struggled a few times to hold his breath long enough. The only thing that went wrong is that I wrecked my credit card by having it in my pocket in the MRI room. I remembered just as I walked to the table. But the strip was stripped as soon as I walked in. I can handle that! (O: I did well emotionally too. Tears were close to the surface as we left the hospital, but that is to be expected.

I asked our Doc if she could please try to get the results as soon as she can. We are praying it will be within the next couple of days.

Yesterday.

We traveled to GR yesterday. The ride up was marvelous, although it was a little longer than it should have been. We didn't see the exit for the right interstate. We took the one that went to Detroit instead of Flint, so we had to cut across. It was fine but added about 45 min. The kids were fantastic and had fun finding the differences between Canada and the States. I am sure the kids could give you a comprehensive list. They were also hyped up about seeing our house. It kept them well behaved.

Jen Pennings and her kids met us at the house. It was amazing to have people who we feel at home and comfy with straight off the bat. There is nothing like family. It just is. It was great for the kids to be met by friends to play with in the first moments they were at our new home. They explored, played and even watched a movie in the closet. We stayed at our house for about 2.5 hours and just hung out. Ken even took a nap! (O:

Our house is a delight. I can't wait to make it our home. God has provided for us more than we ever expected. When we walked in, my shoulders dropped and I sighed. It is so homey, even when empty. It just fits us.  (O:

The house is much larger than we are used to. It has an upstairs,  main and basement that are all finished. The only things that are smaller than what we are used to are the kitchen cupboards and the tub. But  those are such small things. Although, ask me in a year how much I miss my tub! (o;

We have 4 big bedrooms upstairs. I love that we are all together up there. It's a rectangle house. So Ken, the girls and I have one end and the 3 boys have the other. It's perfect. The closets are huge for being a 1950's or 60's home. Three of the rooms have closets that are like 5ft by 4ft. I could be wrong on the measurements, but the one had 7 kids in it watching a movie on a laptop and they weren't even smushed! (o; There is a pic below. We actually counted 13 closets and only 4 of them are the tradition one door size. Ahhh....

The basement makes me smile. It is very 70's with wood panelling and shaggish carpet. It is an awesome space for the kids. It has 2 HUGE double closets on one end and a built in desk, with an orange top and drawers for Nata's craft stuffage. There is a great laundry room with a laundry shoot that has a opening on both upper floors. Sooooo coool. Once Grace figures that out, it will keep her busy for hours! (O: There is also a bathroom we weren't expecting down there with a shower. So there is a bathroom on each level. Wohhooo! (O: There is also a furnace room for storage.

I could keep going..... We are super excited and thankful. It is so much easier to move to a house that already feels like our home.

The Pastor that was showing us through asked us what we thought. We were excited and said it was way more than we expected and that we are so thankful. . He looked at us in a puzzled way. It is a little outdated. But we aren't impressed by fancy and new. It has SPACE and is super functional, clean, well taken care of  and freshly painted. Actually, it is a house I would choose to build if we would ever do that. It is totally and exactly my style. I would just put a porch on the front and make the kitchen bigger! Oh yes, I would also put in a big soaker tub! (o: 

I took at few pictures of the house, but it really shows nothing. I wasn't focused enough. (O: Josh took a beautiful one of the outside, but I don't how to get it off his ipod. I will try.

This stuff is at our house in GR now. Our walls are so empty here. It is good for me to start making it feel unhomey. 


The kids thought it was nuts to have so many lights at one intersection. 

I love this girl and how she holds her pencil at 2 years and 15 days! (o:

7 kids in  Micah and Siah's closet.

Dining room. I am so thankful there is no carpet in there. I love how there are two good size windows in every single room except the bathrooms. There is so much natural light. That is so important to me. 

The living room and my family plus Jen and Naisy (sp?) It is nice and big. We won't be able to fill it. I don't mind that at all. I am scared of carpet though. I just can picture the stains already. (O:

The kitchen. The new window is ready to go in! (o;  I love the tile. It will be so easy to keep clean after having old lenolium.

Cutie pie Ethan exploring upstairs.

The corner of the kitchen is meant for a small table. I can't decide what to do with it. I don't think I want a table there. I thought of putting a free standing pantry in there. That would be super helpful. 

LOOOOVEEEE this. It is a sun room at our back door. I envision a place for shoooooes and a table and chairs. All the windows open  and I can just feel the fresh air in the spring and fall. If anyone has visited our house you will know there is not one place for shoes. When you walk in either door here, there is no place to go. It's awkward! So this is a HUUGE treat. There is also a closet when you walk in the door at the front and back, I think. It is a little bit of a bummer that we are so intimate with those neighbours. 
The outside of the sun room.





It was sooooo hot on the way home and our air conditioning gave up last year. We were getting gas and saw the sprinklers at the bank, so we sent them out to get wet. It was such a busy road and the people must have thought we were crazy. But it made our ride home much better! 

Dripping.... (O;





So that is our trip. I am getting more excited, although there are still some tears flowing when I think about leaving! 

I will let you know as soon as I get our scan results.

Comments

  1. Awesome pictures, Belinda! I'm so excited for you - may God bless your family in this new chapter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun getting wet on a road trip! :O) The house looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house looks AWESOME! I'm sure you will settle quickly and make beautiful memories there. Praying you get your scan results quickly and that they come back clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful with you that the house is so well matched to your family! And I completely agree about wanting lots of windows! The sunshine keeps everyone happy! Praying for you and your family as you make this exciting transition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool house that you are staying in, never seen one like it. Have fun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment