Stuff I have learned.

What I have learned in the last 10 days.....


  • Mapquest is INnnnvaluable.


  • Ken is getting too old to play in baseball tournaments. (Picture a man hobbling with a giant raspberry on his leg.)


  • I-96 and 196 are different highways. There is a 196, I-96 and a 69. To people around here, they are very different, but I still need to think.


  • The people from our Grand Rapids community are very kind.


  • We won`t get shot walking down the main street by our house (Division Ave). It slightly scared me the first few days. 

  • That it`s kind of silly to have a 75 year old man, half asleep in a bank, as their security guard. Really? If he can do that job, so can I. Where do I apply! (o:


  • It`s OK to take Grace places with applesauce in her hair. Nothing bad will happen.

  • That you need a degree in something to figure out the stop lights, especially the left turn one. There is a green, yellow, flashing red and solid red. I am thinking you can go on all of them except the solid red. Yes? Can you turn right on a red as long as it doesn't say you can't? I keep forgetting to ask someone. 


  • Micah looooves the string cheese that I picked up at the "pantry" (a little caring cupboard for the students).


  • The homeschool bookstore, that is 7 minutes away makes me DIZZY with joy. It carries all the books I use. What a blessing. I can feel the books before I order them. I can smell them too! hehe. (O:  There is no guess work involved. 


  • Church is only 17 minutes away. Not too bad. 


  • I enjoy driving 100 km most places I need to go. It's confusing and I am learning what is what, but I love not having to drive 50 every where. 


  • Grace is a different girl when bunny is not lost. 


  • I learned my address and phone number.


  • That Sundays are really hard days away from St Thomas. Even though the people are great here, I miss the feeling of my home church. It made me cry on Sunday afternoon. 


  • That Ethan Pennings, (Jen and Rob`s little guy) completely melts me. I kissed his cheeks today in Sam`s Club and he made me feel guuushy. I might need to borrow him.  


  • That God has truly blessed and  provided friends for Nads and Micah. We are praying that Josh will find a good friend at school. There is not really a group of Young Peoples at church.... not at all actually. It makes my heart hurt for him. The big group of Young Peoples was a huge blessing in St Thomas. 


  • That I am so thankful we moved early. It is so great to be settled already. It makes things so much easier. 


  • That God will take care of us in all our needs: emotional, spiritual and physical.  He is always faithful. 



Comments

  1. You've learned a lot :). Praying for Josh. I remember making the Homedale to Central transition. It was so scary and hard. Praying he finds a good group of friends and settles into a new school routine nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment