Josiah

Conversations with Siah:

I told Siah he has to have a needle tomorrow. He quickly shot back, "Is it because I haven't been brushing my teeth?"

It doesn't seem funny, but he shot it back quickly with the widest, most scared eyes ever! We had a conversation last week and I told him if he does't brush his teeth he will get cavities and then he will need needles when they have to fix them. I know, I know, bad thing to do. When he does have a cavity, I am going to have to tell him that they are not that bad.

BUT I already have a plan. I going to let him have Micah's EMLA on tomorrow. It dulls the pain of a needle. I will probably not get it in the right spot, but it will help in his mind. Then it won't hurt as much and I will then compare dentist needles to doctor needles and explain that they use a kind of EMLA cream on his gums so that it won't hurt as much either. See,  I am brilliant. But in the mean time it will motivate him to brush his teeth! (O:

The other day he heard him explaining to Josh that if you love God and believe He died for us then you will go to heaven. If you don't love God and don't beleieve He died, you will not. Then he told Josh that fighting makes God very sad so we shouldn't do it! I told him later that was a good thing to say and know. But he told me since I had explained that to him, that he really didn't know it, so it didn't count.


HIM: "How much is an ipad?"

ME: "500 bucks"

HIM: "Is bucks more than dollars?"



HIM: Are we rich?

ME: We are so rich. God loves us. Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. We have a family who loves each other. So we are rich.

HIM: I know, I know, but how much money and stuffs do we have?

ME: Enough, but it doesn't matter. Stuff and money isn't important.

HIM: But how much money do we have? I need to know if you have 200 dollars to buy me an IPOD.



HIM: I have been trying to figure out how long it will be until we move. 8? 9?

ME: 9 sleeps.

HIM: MOM you don't have to say sleeps. You can say nights now.



Comments

  1. Josiah is so funny. I actually laughed all through this post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is 9 sleeps before you come to GR?! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He never fails to be a funny Dude eh! and he does it effortlessly! :O) :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last one made me laugh.... 'you can say nights'. He is getting so big :) What a funny character he is!

    The 'bucks' thing reminds me of Emily. Emily also asked how much our ipad cost. When I told her 500 bucks she said "woah. that is a lot of bucks." hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He seems like such a character. Funny! I loved the line about how you can say nights now. :) At the same time it makes me sad. Emma just started saying "no thank you" instead of "no pease" (please). I am proud of her, but they grow up too fast!

    Hope the packing is going well! We are in the trenches with that too right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment