I looooove it when people go really slow past my house and turn around to look at the property and get my phone number.

 It makes me want to run out and tell them how sweet my house is and that they should come in and look. I want to say that it's a good deal and great investment. I want to say, look past the ugly wall color and no trim. I want them to see the the beauty like we do. I want to tell them that we have lived a life time of sadness and joy here. I want to ask them if they really understand what God did here in this little bungalow.

But if I would do that, they would run! (O:

I am learning that I may have a hard time selling our house to someone I don't feel a connection with. I know it's business. But I am not business. It's true that I like to think. I want to be wise. But my heart is wrapped up here. It's a bit emotional for me.

Someone faced booked me and they are coming to look at the house tomorrow. I actually said to Ken that I don't think they can have our house because she writes slang and can't write a sentence because I think she must text all the time. She asked if there was a master with an ensuite. Really? It's a bungalow built in 1965. As much as I loooooong to sell my house, I hope she isn't the one! She is not the right one.

I hope we sell our house to a family or individual who will enjoy the yard and who has kids in their lives who will climb our beautiful maples in the front yard like ours did. I want them to love the area and go for walks through the neighbourhood and hike in the woods behind the church.

I really mean all I wrote. I think the pressure is getting to me. I have tears in my eyes - Silly sentimental me.

I bet if you ask me in a month, what I think of this post, I may just tell you it's ridiculous. I will be at the point that if you want to buy my house.... come on down. You want to tear it down? OK. You have tattoos, a harley and no kids to climb my trees? Fine. Just take it because we have a new chapter to start, a new house to make a home and an amazing, good God who is leading us on.  (O:

Don't melt.  It's hot. 

Comments

  1. Oh Belinda, you are funny! I understand though! Wish we could buy it for you. :-)

    -jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Belinda: I so wished with all my heart that An and I could buy your house. I really really do. Our house is just too big and there are no children left here. There is just something about a house with a granny flat that really moves me ... Oh well. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Belinda,

    I know your pain. I completely understand. Last year when I returned from a B&B in London England, after sitting in a tiny bedroom for 10 days (actually only slept there, spent the days exploring London) I decided my house was far too big for me to live in alone (top floor 1400 sq ft, lower floor ditto). I reluctantly decided to sell and purchase a 1300 sq ft condo, far more manageable for me.

    But I agonized over this decision. John and I bought this house four short years ago with hope and excitement. It was to be our dream retirement home, with everything we ever wanted. But God had better plans for John. Now it's too big for me, and too much work. But the emotional ties are very strong.

    I thought when I sold it, it should be to a family. So a family did buy it, but the two boys were a bit bratty (I watched from a neighbours driveway as they mischievously threw stones in the driveway while their parents were touring the house). So I thought, a family, but not that family. My house deserves so much more.

    But I have adjusted. It is only bricks and mortar after all, our real mansion is not on this earth. Wherever we may be temporarily housed while on earth, it will never compare to the mansion God is preparing for us. I have to remember that too.

    Wishing you all the best for your move! Thea Heyink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda,
    I totally get this post too. Funny how we get a little possessive of our homes. A family starting out did buy ours and I was happy about that . . . but when I drive by I still like to make sure they are keeping the lawn mowed nicely, the yard neat and not putting up a dirt bike track or anything like that;) Ha Ha. (and the good news is, I don't miss it near as much as I thought I would . . . I still have all the memories and I am enjoying where we are now too) The kids don't like to drive by though b/c it makes them too sad. (I can't resist driving by any time I head that way just to make sure they are taking care of my house!)
    Hope the sale of your home goes smoothly and that it will go to just the right family!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband ken, daughter bridget and son colin live in your old house on vineden drive. Be still and know that i am god still holds a place of honour in the kitchen and my son has enjoyed many hours of climbing the tree just to tease his baby sister. I prayed for this house because i have MS and cant climb stairs. I must tuck my babies in at night so i had to have accessible main floor. My mother lives in the granny flat so she can help on my bad days. When i came to view this home and i saw that these walls knew god and hope and faith and love...i knew that he had heard my wishlist and was handing it right to me. Thank you . We love it to.god bless and keep you and your family happy and healthy. You are all an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment