From the Front.

This guy is my new friend and I love how he writes. 

Dispatches from the front
I have been watching a series called, Dispatches from the Front, by Frontline Ministries. Go to "home" on that link to see an excerpt.

I have always felt myself leaning towards foreign missions. I am not sure if God is genuinely speaking or if it is my heart breaking which in turn makes me want to go. Often Ken reminds me that there are so many souls to reach right in our backyard.

I always think that people far away need the gospel more. Do they have less exposure? Do people in the West have more knowledge and opportunity because of where they live? I don't really know.

I just watched the episode on India today. I actually said out loud, "Oh Lord, if you ever call us to the mission field, please not India."

It is so dirty, crowded and chaotic. But the bigger reason, is because it is a land of idolitry. There are millions of idols they worship. The statues seem almost as numerous as the people. It is a dark land and it scares me.

The video of Africa talked about a village up in the mountains, that was holy ground for Satan worshipers. In the past, once you reached a certain place on the mountain, you had to take off your shoes and for some reason the women weren't allowed to wear shirts. They sacrificed their children to the gods. The evil was oppressive. There is a bit of a story about how the Holy Spirit worked in the life of a villager and he became a Christ follower. If I remember correctly, he stayed off the mountain in prayer and fasting for a year before he went back up. Amazingly or miraculously would be more accurate, the villagers received him. Now over half the village people love and serve the Lord. The joy on their faces and the brightness in their eyes was beautiful. Stunning really.

One of my favourite parts was watching churches in the remote villages get Bibles. Here I am packing a box full of Bibles and there are people far away crying and praising God for 6 Bibles to share with the whole church.

This has really got me thinking.....

You really should talk to your library committee at church to see if they would put this in your library. I watched some of them with my kids and they sat and watched. It is an eye opener for kids as well as adults. It puts our lives in perspective. It helps us to pray more effectively and makes us appreciate so much. I am thankful no one is trying to kill me because I love the Lord.

Now that I have watched them, I will bring them to church to put in the church library! (o:

On another note, Grace is trying to figure out how to burp. Lovely.

Comments

  1. Belinda - thanks for posting this. I ordered the DVDs for our church library as soon as I saw some of their samples. It looks really good.
    Where did you hear about this? Kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I can't remember. But I sure am thankful I found them! (O: Glad you ordered them. Well worth the money!

      Delete
    2. Also.... Congratulations! I love how you announced. So special. You will love 5! (O:

      Delete

Post a Comment