Another little one.....Lord have mercy.

I came across a blog this past week. Someone was asking for prayer for a family. I clicked on it and started reading about a little girl with cancer. On June 5 she relapsed. I believe she first had cancer 18 months ago.

As I read her mom's post from Saturday it crumpled my heart. Lucy has no time left. She is spending her days asleep or being held by her mom.

I ache for this family. How do you sit and rock your girl as her heart starts to give out and she gets weaker and weaker?  It is through God's strength I know. In times of grief and loss, He gives you a strength that would seem impossible. But that doesn't take the raw pain away.

My first response was to link this blog and ask you to pray. My second response was to wonder if I am just burdening you with sadness and another one to pray for?

The reason I thought that is because my heart is heavy right now. I spend my day praying for people as I go. I try to be purposeful in going through my list. I don't rest if I don't pray for all my people.  But I have a hard time not feeling their sadness and pain. I believe Dr Murray called it sorrow overload. So true,so true! But what is the alternative? I can't stop praying or close my heart.

I have to give you the link. If you feel called to pray, pray. If you don't feel God stirring you to pray for this family, don't.  (Lucy's blog) This family is hurting and I pray that God will hold them so tightly. I want them to feel Him close. I want them to physically feel Him close. In my experience, there is hardly a greater blessing.

I care and pray for many people who don't have cancer. But children and families with cancer or other medical needs hold a special place in my heart, because I understand and can empathize in a special way. For those of you reading this who are at the beginning of the painful process of diagnoses, for those who have a child with permanent medical needs, for those who have a child that needs many surgeries, for those who have a child who is currently in treatment, all those who have been through treatment and are trying to find their feet back, for those whose child has just gone palliative or those who are struggling with the pain of losing their child, I am praying especially for you all. Whether I know you or not, you are still in my prayers.

God hears the prayers of His people. I have no doubt. Our family is a living witness of His faithfulness and mercy. Praise be to His name.

Comments