Randoms

Today was dentist day for the kids. We spent 2 hours at the health unit. Because we don't have benifits we qualify to get a cleaning/check up for the kids for free. If they have cavities, they also get fillings for free. This is the second time we have gone. I wish we would have known about this a few years ago.  This is truly a blessing for us. Our kids don't' have fabulously strong teeth. They are expensive. Today there were no fillings needed! Yay. For the older three it's probably because there are no more teeth to be filled! (O:

This is odd to me, but in the dental office there is also a sexual health clinic. You wouldn't know it by looking at it. It is a space truly made for kids. As I was waiting at the desk to make an appointment for next year I noticed the form you have to fill out for the sexual health clinic. You have to check a box to tell them why you want to see a nurse. One of the boxes gave the option to get a morning after pill. You can seriously walk in there, check that box, talk to a nurse for a few seconds and get that pill? Oh, that makes me so sad.

This is what the 4 looked like just before we left. Josh was in no mood to get his picture taken! (O: It's the best one I got. I am not sure about necklaces on boys and men. It reeeeeeally doesn't appeal to me. I think it's kind of gross looking. But this one might be ok on Micah. After all it's the same kind baseball players wear. That MUST make it awesome like!  (O: 



I really do love this verse. 
 
Yesterday we found out that we have a house in Grand Rapids. It is a pretty house that should fit us well. It will be ours as of July 1. We were hoping not to have to pay rent until August 1st. But there must be a reason we need to take it July 1. It is an old parsonage, so Ken even gets an office. That is a serious blessing. He gets a quiet place and a spot for all of his stuff! (O: It makes me happy too!

My favourite new thing is taking  pictures of this......




Every night when  I go to tuck in the girls, this is what I find. Grace always crawls in with Nads. It makes my heart jump and gives me joy. They love cuddling up together. Maybe we will get them a double bed sometime. I move her back into her own bed because Grace hogs the bed. I love the last one. I had the full picture posted but I cropped it. Nads was covered, but not quite enough. It shows how Grace puts her hand on Natalie's head and totally spreads out. I love Grace's little lips when she sleeps. (O:

I only have have 35 more days of cleaning our church. That makes me excited. It is a great job that the Lord has blessed us with.  But in the last few years, it`s been hard. It is a family effort and we are quite busy to be begin with. It also makes Sunday a little busy bc we have to open, close and all that goes with it. So that means we need to be there early and stay later  It takes up a lot of head space! I will be so thankful to be able to just focus on Ken, my home, the kids and homeschooling.  (O:

This picture makes me laugh so hard. Ken has a trillion pairs of shoes. There are dress shoes, runners, winter boots, hikers and others. The joy is that he buys them second hand and they each have a purpose. He has brown dress shoes and black ones. He has dressy dress shoes and more casual. He has runners to cut the grass and runner to do gym in.... etc.  He has hundreds of dollars worth of shoes for under 200, bought over the years. But we really don't have room for all of them. So I laid them all out for him to look at for 5 minutes. If you all know Ken and know Siah they are very much a like. Look at Siah thinking along side Ken. Really, so funny! (O: Maybe not so much if you don't know their personalities. I am not making fun of them really. I am laughing with them? hehe.

My house is getting emptier. I have gotten ridden many many things! I have packed 20 boxes of books. Seeing my house like this is making me love my house more and more everyday! It is a simple little place, but my home is so special. We have lived a lot of life here.

I finally found shoes today for my Pips. I found a pair of croc type and a pair of Sunday shoes. I usually do not buy new shoes. Most often I can find them used. But to fit the girl's little fatty feet I had to go to Payless and go for it! (O: She loves her new Sunday shoes. Here she is reading in them.

I dumped out the sock basket and told the kids to start matching. Socks are never ending at our house. Look at Natalie's socks (O:  When the socks aren't folded, everyone just grabs pairs out of the basket. Nata doesn't care if they match or not. She will even go out in public like that! I do encourage them to be presentable, but I like that she doesn't care and likes to be herself! (O:

It was good day. Even though we may have not gotten tons done physically. I did a lot of thinking and organized my mind. Haha, just read that back, it sounds nuts. But really, it's true.

I like this one too.



Have a good night!

Comments

  1. Ha! Grayson must have the same chubby feet as Gracie! Nothing fits him! I LOVE the pictures of the girls...so fun and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously your kids are VanDyk's LOL...you can tell by the socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the health unit program. Ty and Brooke were just there last week for cleaning. It takes forever (6 mths) to get in. Ty has to go back and can't get in till Oct.

    The picture of Ken and Siah looking at the shoes is so them. Micah is looking at you wondering 'what in the world are you taking a picture of?' A great picure of everyday living.
    Monica

    Who likes folding socks anyway? A hint for the SOCK PILE. Buy all the same kinds and colour. Make sorting so easy and folding goes faster. No more "I can't find a match". lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the same huge sock pile growing up . . and every once in a while we'd have to go crazy matching them up. I have my own pile now (but I try to keep it smaller than my mom's!)
    Also, I totally get the "emptying the house and loving it more and more" feeling. We are in our last week here and it really makes me sad. I try not to think about it too much . . just pack, pack, pack.
    Love the pictures of Grace and Natalie sleeping together too. I have kids that do that too and it IS rather cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these random posts. They're just so real and every day. Good memories to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i came across Chief Priest Amros email address online how he has fixed broken relationship without delay. and i was really happy to contact him because i and my husband has been apart for the past 6 months and it was really killing me so after i have contacted Chief Priest Amros he cast the love spell for me and make my lover to come back to my within 2 days with full appreciation i want to thank Chief Priest Amros for bringing my boyfriend back to me. in case you need his help just contact Chief Priest Amros via his email address holytempleofsolution@hotmail.com or call him via +2347060458342

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment