A whole bunch of words that kind of go around and round!

I have this huge post that I wrote last week, but I can`t get it out right. Every time I sit to write, I think I am going to work on that post, but I think I quit! It was about looking back at my updates and seeing how the Lord held us and how He has given us the things we were too scared to hope for. It really is a story of the grace of God and the amazing miracles He has given.

I will stick to my randoms for now!

We got Micah's scan date in the mail today. He is having an MRI of his chest, Ab and pelvis on Tues, July 3. It just feels like we finished that crazy roller coaster from last time. It is our last 3 month scan. If this is clear, we will be moving to every 6 months. That's a big deal.

I am so thankful for air conditioning today. What would I do without it? I would be hot. I don't like hot. I actually quite despise hot! (o;

We did some school this morning. We are winding down. My dad invited the kids for lunch, so they went there for a couple of hours. So I started packing . I packed boxes 20-30! This time I attacked the school room-dining room. I took some of my posters off the wall and boxed up all the books I was done with. I actually love packing. I wish I could just keep going and pack everything up!  It is satisfying.

Although things are starting to fall into place, I am tense. Not just a little. Very. I know it`s not the right thing. I am trusting. I know God is in control, that he has a buyer for our house and that there is a reason we had to rent our new house for July 1. A mortgage payment and a rent payment, don`t exactly fit into our budget. Everything is happening in His time and in His way. It's hard for me. I want all the lose ends tied today. I don't do well with in between. It sure is a test for me.

I am really starting to love my house. Like love love love. I have totally taken it for granted. It is not special by any means, but to me it is.  It is simple and cozy AND it is MY house, with so many memories. There is a very small small part of me that is kind of glad to leave the sad memories behind. Micah`s old room hurts me still. I have pictures of him sleeping, me crying and the talks he and I had still creep in on me sometimes. But most of the memories are good. Our kids grew up here and so did Ken and I. Really we did.

I love our beautiful lot. It is full of mature trees and there is hedge all around the edge. We are so private and a decent distance off the road. Our neighborhood  is quiet and lovely. Our house is a standard little bungalow with 2 beds up and 2 down. One asset is that we have a granny flat off the kitchen in the back. We have opened it up and use the main living space as a dining room-school room (To make it back into a granny you need to add a fridge and put the door back on.). It has given us another bedroom and a big bathroom with laundry upstairs. It is light and airy. I am going to miss it so much.

 It makes it so much easier that I am pretty sure I do really love our new house. I am not a person who needs things all beautiful and perfect. I never will be. But this new house to me is very pretty and is in great shape.  Based on the outside it is a house I would buy it in a second. I love the architecture.  It may even be bigger than what we have now and it has an UPSTAIRS. I am so excited to have the sleeping areas separate from the public space. We will be comfy there. God truly has provided us with the space I was praying for.

Our house here is very structurally sound and a great investment. But the downside is that it needs some cosmetic work. The thing we have been struggling with is whether to sell it as is or put some thousands in to it. We don`t  really have thousands or time, but would get the money back in the sale for sure. It would be a great deal for someone who likes to trim, paint and do floors and would like to get into this area.  I am just unsettled and have no peace either way.  We should be advertising, but we are not quite ready to post pics of the messy backyard.  Also, something is holding us back from opening it to the public.(We don't plan to list, we are hoping to just sell with a lawyer.) I am not sure what the reason is, but I am learn to listen to those things.

Tonight, hopefully our chicken shed and chickens are going. Wooohooooooo. I am not a fan of those ugly beasts. Their clucking drives me insane. It is all going to Ken`s brother`s house. I will miss the eggs, but those ladies will NOT be missed!

Although I didn't mean to, that paragraph up there sounds like an advertisement. Since it does I  might as well give you a price. After having a few real estate people through we have decided to ask 174,000 without any work done to it. (o:

So that's all really. I need to clean up the mess I made packing and organizing and then need to make supper. I believe spaghetti and salad are on the menu, if you care! (O:

Take care and thanks for reading my rambles. I am not sure of the purpose of this post. It just came out! (o:

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog. It's so honest and helpful. Do you home educate?
    meagan v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meagan. Thanks for your comment! Yes we do home school. We started when Josh was in Kindergarten! (O:

      Delete
    2. @ Belinda: You mean you started the day Josh was born and didn't stop when he reached Kindergarten:) Do you have any pointers you could give? I have three kids, four and under and I'm getting a little nervous about the balancing act between home life and schooling... I know it's very much the grace of God, but do you have any additional pointers? Thanks and may God continue to bless your little mission field!

      Delete

Post a Comment